Page 2 of 6 (109 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 108 Replies | 20 Followers

Posts 8
Bryan Field | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 8:23 PM

Dan,

I received the marketing newsletter this week about this topic.  I take it that the answer to my question is NO.

I have a Scholars Library and numerous language titles, but in reality, I only require and use a few titles, which I would like available on the iPhone platform.

My requirements are limited to :

Interlinear BHS

Interlinear LXX

Interlinear NA 27

TDNT

TDOT

Lexham Interlinear BHS

Lexham Interlinear LXX

Lexham Interlinear NA27

Louw and Nida Semantic Domains Lexicon

I would like to be able to access these titles without upgrading the entire library, period. 

Thank You

Bryan Field

Posts 405
Amy Leung | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 12:36 AM

Thanks, Dan!  This is very awesome indeed.  I'll base my holiday shopping on the above list.  Big Smile

I'm finding some curiosities in the list though.  Some entries are in the list but not in the Logos website (for example, "The Holy Bible: Today's Chinese Version").  I wonder why?

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 2:28 AM

For what it's worth, I was a very loyal Windows mobile customer from 2002-2009 (I've owned six Windows Mobile phones, including the very first Windows phone). I switched to iPhone specificially to use Logos' iPhone app, and OliveTree's BibleReader (which is much better on the iPhone than it is on Windows Mobile).

I'm still using BibleReader more than Logos simply because I'm not able to rely on a mobile internet connection. The day you allow offline access, is the day Logos becomes my #1 iPhone app.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 2:43 AM

BryanField:

I would like to be able to access these titles without upgrading the entire library, period. 

Bryan,

You're not paying to upgrade the library. With the crossgrade, you're paying to gain access to new functionality and resources. It's the same price ($70) no matter what size you're library. Part of that functionality is the ability to use your resources with the iPhone app. That feature alone is worth more than $70 - to me at least, even if I only wanted access to a handful of resources.

And, for what it's worth, I was quite happy with Logos 3 until I used Logos 4! I'd never want to go back. I'd be astonished if you couldn't find any features of Logos 4 that weren't useful to you.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 124
David Fish | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 4:43 AM

Logos 4 and the iPhone app was what pushed me to purchase an iPhone. I have used a Windows-Mobile phone for the past few years. I was eligible to upgrade my phone on December 6. I bought an iPhone on December 7.

I love it! Of course, I love my Logos 4 too! But I can't take my small laptop or my netbook where I can take my iPhone.

Thanks!

MacBook Air M1 16GB RAM | 2 Mac Minis M1 8GB RAM | iPad 3 (plus some Windows laptops relegated to disuse)

Posts 996
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 10:49 AM

Dan Pritchett:
The files for NIC were only recently made available, so they haven't been completely moved to the appropriate servers yet.

The bits have all made their way to their new homes and the NIC is now really available on the iPhone and mobile web site.

Posts 13
Tony Feliciano | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 4:36 PM

I have been a Logos user for about 20 years.  I upgraded to the Logos 4 but still do not seem to have access to my books.  I do know that all books will not be available, but many that I have are not.  It seems to me that I only have access to the books that are free with the iPhone when one registers.  Is there a setting that I have to make to get access to as many books as are available?

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 9:54 PM

No, there's no setting. You just have to make sure that you log into Logos4 on the desktop with the same username/password that you log into the iPhone. You also have to make sure you have the paid version of Logos4, not the free one. (It doesn't matter how much you paid, just that you did pay at least for the minimum crossgrade [$70].)

Posts 352
Mike & Rachel Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2009 2:00 AM

Dan Pritchett:
Discourse Grammar of the Greek New Testament: A Practical Introduction to Discourse Features for Teaching and Exegesis  -  Logos Research Systems, Inc.

When I saw this I almost jumped! But then I saw that it's still on pre-pub: "in development." Soon, right? Soon?

Posts 17
Ed Faalam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 10:09 PM

How come the Pulpit commentaries does not appear on my iphone logos library?

Is there something I should do?

Posts 17
Ed Faalam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 10:29 PM

I realized comparing my library to the 3000 books available, that there's a lot that does not show up in my iPhone logos app, when it's supposed to be available?  Am I missing something?

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 1:58 AM

The pulpit commentary should show up (it does in mine). In order have maximum access to all these resources you need:

• A paid upgrade to Logos 4 (the minimum crossgrade option is fine).
  • Have access to these resources in Logos 4 (desktop).

If you have done both these things, and still don't have access to all the books listed in the first post on your iPhone, then it looks as though perhaps you do have a problem. Let us know the situation.

Posts 17
Ed Faalam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 2:25 PM

I still can't see most of my books which are supposedly available already, like pulpit commentary, & the "Mastering" series.  I see very few books however aside from the 31 free books.  I am using Logos 4 pre-release 8 on my Mac computer.  I logged on to both the Mac and the iPhone using the same ID and password.  

Posts 1723
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 3:14 PM

JeffreyGlenJackson:
Is the protocol that the ipod uses to communicate with library.logos.com available for third party developers to create clients?  Just looking at the URLs and substituting html with xml, I think I could probably reverse engineer it, but wouldn't want to bother without official sanction.

Not at this point. If you've got a specific application you want to discuss, email me at bob@logos.com.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 4:18 AM

Eduard Faalam:

I still can't see most of my books which are supposedly available already, like pulpit commentary, & the "Mastering" series.  I see very few books however aside from the 31 free books.  I am using Logos 4 pre-release 8 on my Mac computer.  I logged on to both the Mac and the iPhone using the same ID and password.  

Did you upgrade/crossgrade to Logos 4? If you only downloaded the free engine you won't have any features above the free stuff.

Posts 55
Chris Funkhouser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 6:34 PM

It appears that one of the publishers that have not released the rights to their books is IVP which I use heavily in Logos. Is there a way for customers like myself to encourage IVP to allow use of books I have purchased through Libronix to be allowed for me to use. Specifically I am thinking of the NBC and NBD and the IVP essential library that I purchased.

Thanks,

Chris

Posts 2895
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 10 2010 12:41 PM

Christopher Funkhouser:

It appears that one of the publishers that have not released the rights to their books is IVP which I use heavily in Logos. Is there a way for customers like myself to encourage IVP to allow use of books I have purchased through Libronix to be allowed for me to use. Specifically I am thinking of the NBC and NBD and the IVP essential library that I purchased.

Thanks,

Chris

This is a good idea. I'd be happy to annoy some publishers for you. Of course I doubt you will actually give us the access to their contact, but I'm willing. Also, you can feel free to put me on a list of users who are wanting content.

Posts 17
Ed Faalam | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 11:06 PM

I did all these; paid upgrade,access to logos 4 on my Mac, log into iPhone with same ID, and still can't find my commentaries and many others books which supposedly are available.  Tried reinstalling the logos app in my iPhone, and it's been more than a month already.  I thought it would resolve if i gave it more time.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Posts 187
Anthony Etienne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 11:13 PM

Eduard Faalam:

I did all these; paid upgrade,access to logos 4 on my Mac, log into iPhone with same ID, and still can't find my commentaries and many others books which supposedly are available.  Tried reinstalling the logos app in my iPhone, and it's been more than a month already.  I thought it would resolve if i gave it more time.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

I'm sure you probably have done this, but under the library tab did you scroll all the way down and then press the "load more books" button?

Posts 17
Ed Faalam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 1:14 PM

Scroll down thrice the "load more books" button, until i got to the last which is Young's literal...  I have a few of my books but not most which are supposedly available.  Thanks!

Page 2 of 6 (109 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS