How Do you Copy multiple Bible Passages?

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Bryan Grigg | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 17 2009 1:35 PM

One of my favorite and most helpful things with Logos 3 was the small icon on the bottom right hand side of my computer that was called "copy Bible Passages."  I loved be able to copy a strand of verses (John 1:4; Phil. 2:3; Rev. 1:22) and it would copy it straight to my MS Word Doc.  I see on Logos 4 where you can copy a Bible verse and send it to MS Word, but I have not been able to copy more than one passage. Could you please help?  Thank You so much

Posts 77
Geneva Smith Krag | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 2:01 PM

Highlight the verses you want to copy in the Bible you prefer. Go to the tools drop-down menu and choose Copy Bible Verses. That should open a panel on the right of your L4 window showing the verses you highlighted (in your preferred Bible version). Click Copy or Copy and Paste (which goes directly into Word or whatever word processor you prefer [see drop-down list in the panel]).

Hope that helps.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 2:15 PM

WilliamBryanGrigg:

One of my favorite and most helpful things with Logos 3 was the small icon on the bottom right hand side of my computer that was called "copy Bible Passages."  I loved be able to copy a strand of verses (John 1:4; Phil. 2:3; Rev. 1:22) and it would copy it straight to my MS Word Doc.  I see on Logos 4 where you can copy a Bible verse and send it to MS Word, but I have not been able to copy more than one passage. Could you please help?  Thank You so much

Hello William,

Multi-verse support has been added to the 4.0a Beta, currently in testing. An estimated release date for the 4.0a update is not yet available. The method Niels recommends does work with consecutive verses (thank you Niels), however, it won't work with non-consecutive verses, as you described above.

Melissa

Posts 20
gil4 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 9:41 PM

I guess I can stop beating myself over the head trying to get that to work in L4 now.  (I know it works, I must just have the formatting wrong. Let me try...) 

Posts 14
Michael Small | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 4:00 PM

As a software developer...how would I take advantage of the 4.0a Beta that has Multi-verse support? I REALLY need that feature today/tomorrow. Thanks,

Michael

Posts 1448
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 4:06 PM

WilliamBryanGrigg:

Are you aware of ctrl - alt - b ? If you press those it will open copy bible verses

Posts 14
Michael Small | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 4:13 PM

No I haven't thanks. Where would I paste "Exodus 4:1–17;Mar 1:1; acts 1:1" and return  the passages?

Posts 14
Michael Small | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 4:16 PM

It worked!!! Thanks a million!!!

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 4:19 PM

Michael Small:

As a software developer...how would I take advantage of the 4.0a Beta that has Multi-verse support? I REALLY need that feature today/tomorrow. Thanks,

Michael

Michael,

Was writing this when you submitted your last post. Glad it's working.

My previous post is an old one. Version 4.0a has been out of beta testing for a few weeks--the current version is 4.0a SR-3. If you have Logos 4 installed, click on the Help icon and choose About Logos Bible Software to check the version. If it's current, you should be able to enter multiple verses in the Copy Bible Verses tool. If it's not current, check Tools > Program Settings to verify that "Automatically Download Updates" and "Use Internet" are both set to 'Yes'. You can also enter update now in the Command box on the main toolbar to check for updates.

Melissa

Posts 1448
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 4:20 PM

I am not sure I understand your question. The passages have to be pasted in one by one. You cannot post all of those at once that I am aware of.

Posts 1448
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 4:22 PM

Michael Small:

I liked the old icon like in version 3 but as soon as you learn the how to open it up using your keyboard it is comparable

Posts 1448
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 4:22 PM

Michael Small:

I liked the old icon like in version 3 but as soon as you learn the how to open it up using your keyboard it is comparable

Posts 14
Michael Small | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 4:39 PM

Here is what it looks like...

Posts 1448
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 4:56 PM

Michael Small:

Here is what it looks like...

Ok, so I learned something new it did it with multiple different verses

Posts 14
Michael Small | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 5:01 PM

Here is a snapshot...

Posts 1448