N.T. Wright's "Full-length" Commentary...

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8928
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 13 2013 10:12 AM

N.T. Wright wrote: "I have been writing about St Paul now, on and off, for thirty-five years. I have prayed, preached and lectured my way through his letters. I have written popular-level commentaries on all of them, a full-length commentary on his most important one, and several other books and articles, at various levels, on particular Pauline topics."

Wright, T. (2009). Justification: God’s Plan and Paul’s Vision (p. 4). London: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge.

So, does anybody know which commentary on Paul's most important letter he's referring to? And is it available on Logos format/website?

I wouldn't mind having it.  The "For Everyone's" Series is great, but simple.  I assume this one is more technical/full scale.  I'm kind of thinking this whole "New Perspective" thing is not really new as some suggest, but either way I'd like to study it some more before I draw my conclusions.

Thanks!

DAL

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 13 2013 10:16 AM

He did write the Colossians / Philemon volume in the Tyndale New Testament Commentary series, however I'm not sure whether that counts as "full length" or Paul's "most important" letter?!

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 13 2013 10:22 AM

Possibly???

2002  *Romans in the New Interpreter’s Bible. Vol X., 393–770. Nashville: Abingdon

http://ntwrightpage.com/NTW_Publications.htm

Posts 418
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 13 2013 10:22 AM

I believe he's talking about his commentary on Romans from the The New Interpreter's Bible.

http://www.logos.com/product/8803/new-interpreters-bible#010

Posts 8928
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 13 2013 10:38 AM

James C.:

I believe he's talking about his commentary on Romans from the The New Interpreter's Bible.

Wow, if that's the case then it's really bad that is not available individually as a one separate volume.  That "version" has been on pre-pub forever! 

I hope there's some other commentary (not the for everyone one) that he has available separate from this set.

DAL

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 13 2013 3:01 PM

DAL:

James C.:

Wow, if that's the case then it's really bad that is not available individually as a one separate volume.  That "version" has been on pre-pub forever! 

I hope there's some other commentary (not the for everyone one) that he has available separate from this set.

DAL

My understanding is the NIB is currently being worked on, I was given a tentative release window by Bob but was asked not to share it because as he pointed out something almost always comes up to delay things. It seems similar to another series that was Westminster, it went from almost there to a release date in a few weeks. So sometimes Logos standard pre-pub system will get bypassed.

-Dan

Posts 171
Adam Rao | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 13 2013 4:31 PM

Oh, Dan, I pray your information is accurate! (I don't have any reason to doubt it!) The NIB is my primary commentary for everything I do – personal study, sermon prep, etc. Having it in Logos would be a dream come true – especially since I switched to Logos because it has more resources than anyone else! Excited about what you've shared here!

Posts 171
Adam Rao | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 13 2013 4:32 PM

Oh, and to the OP: Yes, Wright is referring to his NIB commentary on Romans, though when his ICC commentary on Philippians (I believe) comes out late next year, his comment in Justification will become very confusing, indeed!

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 13 2013 4:42 PM

Adam Rao:
Oh, Dan, I pray your information is accurate!

I have no reason to believe Mr P. would deceive me, I really hope Logos makes the hope for date but even if a few months late I will be very happy...

-dan

Posts 8928
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 14 2013 7:56 PM

Thanks to a good brother, I'm now reading NIB Vol. 10 where N.T. Wright's Roman's volume is.  Cool!

DAL

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 14 2013 8:06 PM

DAL:

Thanks to a good brother, I'm now reading NIB Vol. 10 where N.T. Wright's Roman's volume is.  Cool!

DAL

Obviously every series has weaker and stronger points, but even the weaker areas are pretty good and many of the good areas are must haves in my mind. I hope you enjoy it.

-Dan

Posts 2937
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 14 2013 8:45 PM

Dan Francis:

My understanding is the NIB is currently being worked on, I was given a tentative release window by Bob but was asked not to share it because as he pointed out something almost always comes up to delay things. It seems similar to another series that was Westminster, it went from almost there to a release date in a few weeks. So sometimes Logos standard pre-pub system will get bypassed.

-Dan

Great news, Dan! Appreciate all your efforts to encourage the release of the NIB in Logos format.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS