A product on your wish list is on sale!

Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 44 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 15 2013 4:36 AM

Save on the resources you’ve been wanting

Good news! A product on your wish list is on sale this month. Now’s the perfect time to get that resource you’ve been wanting. Simply visit your wish list and look for the red price. And don’t miss all the other discounts available on some of our most popular products.

Vist your wish list today!

Yes Yes

Posts 19233
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 4:42 AM

Does this mean they are now sending out email when that is the case?

That would be great!!

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 4:58 AM

Yep! Sorry to be cryptic in my initial post, I was interrupted. New email when wish list items go on sale is great.

Posts 24676
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 5:55 AM

Rosie Perera:

That would be great!!

Yes, I received a similar email this morning.

Posts 1992
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 6:19 AM

Graham Criddle:

I got this email, too.

Were you able to easily tell which of your wish list items are on sale? I'm guessing it's the items with a red price, but there were a dozen or more such items so-priced in my wish list. Seems like it could have been more clearly marked (or even mentioned in the email itself).

Donnie

Posts 24676
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 6:35 AM

Donnie Hale:
I'm guessing it's the items with a red price, but there were a dozen or more such items so-priced in my wish list. Seems like it could have been more clearly marked (or even mentioned in the email itself).

My email included the text ".Simply visit your wish list and look for the red price."

So the red price is the thing to look out for.

Posts 1962
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 6:38 AM

anything good guys?

Posts 1080
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 6:54 AM

Rosie Perera:

That would be great!!

I did not receive that email, and I don't notice any special discounts. There are some typical ones (1% off Luther!), so it makes me think that perhaps if your Wish List lines up with their Monthly Sale, they're going to start to let you know about it.

If so, that will be wonderful.

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 7:07 AM

Glad Logos is sending notifications for item(s) on sale in wishlists.  I wish the wishlist allowed me to remove items on it, however.

Posts 1080
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 7:17 AM

David Bailey:

Glad Logos is sending notifications for item(s) on sale in wishlists.  I wish the wishlist allowed me to remove items on it, however.

It does. There's a "Date Added" for each item. Hover your mouse over that date and it will turn to a link named "Remove". If it's not there, then you might want to consider trying another browser. If it still doesn't work, start a new thread in the forums and ask dev to look into the problem.

Posts 4
RayDeck3 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 8:19 AM

Glad you all are pleased with the wish list email notification. The Development Team has been notified about the wish list issues. They're working on it.

Posts 9569
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 8:26 AM

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):

Yep! Sorry to be cryptic in my initial post, I was interrupted. New email when wish list items go on sale is great.

That is great news indeed. Unfortunately, I have not yet received one of those emails but maybe soon....Smile

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 9:00 AM

William Gabriel:
I did not receive that email, and I don't notice any special discounts. There are some typical ones (1% off Luther!), so it makes me think that perhaps if your Wish List lines up with their Monthly Sale, they're going to start to let you know about it.

I don't think it's personalized discounts, but things that are on sale that are in your wish list is what triggers the email. You can see the sale items by Browsing all products, sorting by Savings, and Filtering out just the Live products (excluding pre-pubs and community pricing). Except I notice that that list does not include the Calvin collection which is on significant discount from my wish list. Hmm, oddity: 

http://www.logos.com/products/search?q=calvin+collection (no discount shown)

http://www.logos.com/product/5170/calvin-500-collection (discount shown)

Bruce Dunning:
Unfortunately, I have not yet received one of those emails but maybe soon....Smile

Your wish list isn't long enough. Mine is loooong.

Posts 9569
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 9:09 AM

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):

Bruce Dunning:
Unfortunately, I have not yet received one of those emails but maybe soon....Smile

Your wish list isn't long enough. Mine is loooong.

It may not be long but it sure is expensive! I went and counted that I currently have 34 items listed. Is that short?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 9:22 AM

Bruce Dunning:
I went and counted that I currently have 34 items listed. Is that short?

I wish I was as restrained. I have 6 wish lists with 116 total items. Many I will probably never buy, but I add them when I see something interesting mentioned on the forums or accidentally chance across something. I divide them by how important they are:

1. Cart - Everything in wish list "Cart" I want now.
  2. Wish List - When I get the money
  3. Mega Wish List - When I get the money and got nothing else to do with it (over half are here)
  4. Author Bundles - These are on the same level as (2) Wish List, but I keep them separate for organizing them
  5. and 6. Are misc commentaries. Eg. single volumes from sets that have been replaced by newer volumes but which I might still want to check out.
Posts 9569
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 9:36 AM

Randy, how do you keep track of the 6 lists?

Posts 408
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 9:56 AM

Since I have Academic Pricing, nearly everything in my Wish List is red, thus making it difficult to determine if anything is an especially good deal.   Would it be safe to assume that Academic Pricing is still a better deal than I'd receive in this sale?  It does vary...the Back-to-School Sale has several items that are a better deal than Academic Pricing, but then others are not. 

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:07 AM

Graham Criddle:

Rosie Perera:

That would be great!!

Waaaah, sob, sob.  I didn't get an email.  Sad

**************BREAKING*************************BREAKING****************************BREAKING********************

I still haven't received an email, but I do note that 3 items (count them:  one, two, three) are in red.  Oh well, the Aramaic Bible (and other pre-pubs) drained me this month.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 124
Antonius | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:08 AM

Nothing on my tiny wish list (11 items) is red.  I did not receive an email. The email is probably linked to the sales items...

Also, I can not remove items from my wish list, the remove label show up, just nothing happens.

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:17 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Randy, how do you keep track of the 6 lists?

Not well. Actually, I don't. I mainly just keep up with my Cart wish list. Every month or so I'll find myself in my wish lists, going through it again and shuffling things around as my studies advance and new things become important/interesting. But mainly I just track that one list of about 18 items.

Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS