Suggestion:  Option to eliminate wasted border white space (Windows, iOS)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 111
Keith Gant | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 16 2013 6:57 AM

The Columns option, in which a resource is displayed in multiple columns, is a great feature for readability, especially on wide-screen laptops. However, unlike when Columns are set to None, it adds wasted white space in the form of borders on all four sides of the text. This was probably done for cosmetics (or to look like Kindle), but it would really be nice to have an option to eliminate the white space and have the text go to the edge of the screen or window (as it already does with Columns: None), to maximize use of precious screen space (for those of us more interested in content than aesthetics).

It would also be nice to have this option on iOS devices, where screen space is even more at a premium. (There is excessive wasted margin space on my iPad, but I don't know about the iPhone since I do not have one.)

The last shall be first:  Android (which I have on my phone) already has this user-selectable option which (unless I've missed it) is not in Logos for Windows or iOS.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2013 8:04 AM

I was thinking it would be nice to be able to ADD some white space—particularly to the bottom of the page when you reach the end of a book which has not indices or bibliography.  In that case the text goes clear to the bottom of the screen.  I just finished reading such a work 2 days ago.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 385
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2016 1:27 AM

Keith Gant:

The Columns option, in which a resource is displayed in multiple columns, is a great feature for readability, especially on wide-screen laptops. However, unlike when Columns are set to None, it adds wasted white space in the form of borders on all four sides of the text. This was probably done for cosmetics (or to look like Kindle), but it would really be nice to have an option to eliminate the white space and have the text go to the edge of the screen or window (as it already does with Columns: None), to maximize use of precious screen space (for those of us more interested in content than aesthetics).

I was wondering the same - is it still not possible to adjust margins/white space in Windows?

Bernhard

Posts 111
Keith Gant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2016 1:52 AM

Bernhard, I posted that almost 3 years ago and you're the first one to express a similar wish. Which is probably why it is still not available. I'd still love to have it in Logos for Windows. The screen on my current laptop is even smaller than the one I had back then.

Posts 2525
LogosEmployee

It sounds to me like you'll want to express your interest by voting on the suggestion here: https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-6/suggestions/12346152-reading-view-adjustment-slider-for-margins

Posts 111
Keith Gant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2016 6:00 AM

Andrew, thanks for calling my attention to that item, I was not aware of it. I just placed my vote.

Posts 111
Keith Gant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2016 6:08 AM

Actually, on reading that suggestion more carefully, I'm not so sure that it would do what I was looking for. I was only interested in eliminating (or preferably being able to set the width of) the wasted white space at the far left and far right of a resource's window. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS