OSX Mavericks - Logos 5

Page 3 of 4 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 71 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 26
Jason Fletcher | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 1:24 PM

I'm having the same problem with copy/paste into Pages (works fine with MS Word)-can't get it to paste the footnote anymore.

Posts 32
Daniel Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 2:52 PM

So glad to see the force close issue resolved in Mavericks. I was using the pre-release version from the Developers' program and being unable to quit Logos cleanly was really a pain. :) Even updates were difficult to push through since they usually run after shutting down cleanly.

Posts 77
Erik DiVietro | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 3:04 PM

Just finished upgrades on both of my Mavericks-eligible Macs (mid-2009 MBP 250GB SSD, 8GB RAM; late-2011 MM 500GB HDD, 8GB RAM). No scrolling issues or other problems. Logos is running great.

Posts 115
Tony Kissell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 3:40 PM

Update went smoothly, I can't see any marked difference in scrolling speed.

I do HATE the way Mavericks handles multiple monitors which doesn't allow you to stretch an application over two monitors, but with a bit of Googling I was able to change the setting back to how ML handled them.

Posts 452
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 4:26 PM

I upgraded, and my scrolling speed has taken a serious hit. It was annoying under Mountain Lion, but now it's gotten even worse.

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 5:01 PM

Hi

I have just upgraded to OSX Mavericks, I can confirm issue with slow and hesitant scrolling for Logos with my Mac configuration.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,3
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B27
SMC Version (system): 1.70f6

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Posts 29932
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 5:29 PM

LimJK:
my Mac configuration.

What Hard Drive?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 5
Carlos Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 5:37 PM

I also upgraded today and scrolling is pretty slow in jerky, but only in books. In the guides, layouts, etc., it's working just fine. I really hope Logos pushes out an update soon. It doesn't make Logos unusable, but it is certainly annoying...

Macbook Air 2013

4gigs Ram

256g hard drive

i5 Processor

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 6:10 PM

Carlos Smith:
I also upgraded today and scrolling is pretty slow in jerky, but only in books.

Updating to 5.1b SR-3 should fix the issue where a framework change in Mac OS 10.9 Mavericks caused scrolling to slow considerably.

If there any other performance issues that you experience while using Logos on Mavericks please let us know. 

Posts 452
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 6:12 PM

Angela Murashov:

Carlos Smith:
I also upgraded today and scrolling is pretty slow in jerky, but only in books.

Updating to 5.1b SR-3 should fix the issue where a framework change in Mac OS 10.9 Mavericks caused scrolling to slow considerably.

If there any other performance issues that you experience while using Logos on Mavericks please let us know. 

Thanks for the quick fix! Downloading now.

Posts 579
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 6:14 PM

Does anyone have a late 2008 Macbook (either aluminum or plastic) or Macbook Pro that is running Mavericks? If so, is your Mac slower, faster, or the same?

Also, to those of you who have minor issues: Have you thought of running a cleaner program (such as Onyx, that is if they have a version for Mavericks), and then have you opened Disk Utility and then ran Repair Permissions and then restarted your Mac? Another option (but is not necessarily needed) is to reset the PRAM (here is Apples article about PRAM and NVRAM). Did that help your computer and Logos 5, and copying to Pages, etc.? If not, may I suggest trying at least the first two (cleaning program and Permissions) and see if it helps any? (For those new to the Mac world, NVRAM reset is rarely needed, much more so than PRAM, which is itself rarely needed).

The reason I am asking (and suggesting) these questions is because I want to upgrade Mavericks, but I'm not sure how it will affect my late 2008 Macbook (Aluminum) and Logos 5. I have noticed that running Onyx and then Repair Permissions in Disk Utility and then restarting does help my computer. I don't do so weekly. My dad (who is a Mac guy, who does video editing with Final Cut Pro, and who works IT for a living) ran across an article that recommended running Repair Permissions after an upgrade. I tend to do so ever since. Also, if I am having funky issues with Logos, I have ran Repair Permissions (and cleaned my computer using Onyx, and reset PRAM, even if PRAM reset wasn't necessary) and noticed it ran better. Not saying that Logos doesn't need to be fixed or updated, BUT Repairing Permissions might be helpful (but I can't guarantee that it will be helpful). 

Posts 5
Carlos Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 6:55 PM

Angela, I am using Logos 4. Can I download that fix for it? 

Posts 4
Alan Putnam | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 7:19 PM

I have an MBA 13, its weird how you are not experiencing any lag with scrolling, while I am. I even have the i7 processor

Posts 150
LogosEmployee
Todd White (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 7:40 PM

Carlos Smith:
Angela, I am using Logos 4. Can I download that fix for it? 

You can always download the free Logos 5 update https://www.logos.com/downloads. This doesn't give you the new resources or data sets; however, it will let you get this fix as well as many others we have fixed in the last year of shipping Logos 5.

Posts 16
Ambrose Looi | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 7:58 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, good news. Logos have provided an update (Logos 5.1b SR-3) that fixes the scrolling issue in Mavericks OS X 10.9.

Posts 5
Carlos Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 8:19 PM

Okay. I was under the impression that I had to purchase a new package in order to get Logos 5. So you're saying that I can just download the Logos 5 engine and keep my same Scholar's Library from Logos 4 without having to pay for a new package? 

Posts 29932
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 8:29 PM

Carlos Smith:

Okay. I was under the impression that I had to purchase a new package in order to get Logos 5. So you're saying that I can just download the Logos 5 engine and keep my same Scholar's Library from Logos 4 without having to pay for a new package? 

Yes. The software is always free... You pay for the resources. You can download the engine via the link in my signature line. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 164
DivineCordial | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 8:33 PM

The update to 5.1b SR-3 seems to have fixed the bumpiness of the book scrolling.

Logos 9 | Faithlife Connect Essentials
27" Win10 (21H2) AMD FX-8350 (4GHz) 16GB DDR3 2x500SSD 1x240SSD 2x3TBHDD
rMBP13" macOS 10.15.7 i7 (2.9GHz) 8GB DDR3 512SSD
iPadPro (2020) iPadOS 15.1 | iPhoneXR iOS 15.1

Posts 87
Ray D | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 24 2013 6:46 AM

5.1b SR-3 has fixed the scrolling issue for me. Thanks Logos for the quick response.

Posts 1
Zach Mabry | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 24 2013 8:36 AM

You might be the lucky one. I'm running it on Maverick and it keeps crashing.

Page 3 of 4 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS