SUGG: Reading plan "catch up" feature.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 18 2009 6:35 AM

Ok, I admit it.  I create more reading plans than I have time for.  As a result, my little blue ribbon is filled with icons with a red overlay crying out "Behind!"   This leads me to either, just letting it go and getting further demotivated to read, or setting aside an entire day just to read the stuff I'm behind on, which burns me out.

I know that the real cure would be for me to stop creating reading plans.  I can't.  I won't.  I have thousands of books and periodicals to read here people!

Now then my request:

Please oh please oh please Can we have a button or a right click menu or something on these reading plans that would not mess with the reading material but would only shift all of the dates up to today?

For instance one of my plans is 9 days behind.  It's on Dec. 9 at page i in a book I want to read.  I would love to right click it, select "adjust reading plan to current" and now it says Dec 18, Page i.  Please?  Oh please!

NOTE: This is not the same as "Catch up to today"  which marks late dates as read, this is a "Adjust reading plan to today", only the dates are changed.

MOCKUP:

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 6:41 AM

Mr Black, you are so clever. This is a an awesome idea. I have had my year long plan messed up more than once due to a serious disruption, only to find that my only option is to try to catch up or to just put up with the date being out of sync. Increase your post count by 10 for this great idea!

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 6:48 AM

I'd like to add my support for this brilliant idea. I like reading plans too.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 7:14 AM

Thomas Black:

Ok, I admit it.  I create more reading plans than I have time for.  As a result, my little blue ribbon is filled with icons with a red overlay crying out "Behind!"   This leads me to either, just letting it go and getting further demotivated to read, or setting aside an entire day just to read the stuff I'm behind on, which burns me out.

I know that the real cure would be for me to stop creating reading plans.  I can't.  I won't.  I have thousands of books and periodicals to read here people!

Now then my request:

Please oh please oh please Can we have a button or a right click menu or something on these reading plans that would not mess with the reading material but would only shift all of the dates up to today?

For instance one of my plans is 9 days behind.  It's on Dec. 9 at page i in a book I want to read.  I would love to right click it, select "adjust reading plan to current" and now it says Dec 18, Page i.  Please?  Oh please!

NOTE: This is not the same as "Catch up to today"  which marks late dates as read, this is a "Adjust reading plan to today", only the dates are changed.

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one to get behind.  I had to catch up almost 10 chapters of Hebrew last Sunday.  Talk about burnout !!  That'll learn me durn me -- don't get behind.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 7:23 AM

If this was implement, I would start using Reading Plans. I know I won't be able to keep to schedule, so it's pointless creating them.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 8:10 AM

George Somsel:
It's nice to know that I'm not the only one to get behind.  I had to catch up almost 10 chapters of Hebrew last Sunday.  Talk about burnout !!  That'll learn me durn me -- don't get behind.
For some reason George, I'm greatly heartened that you also fall behind in your reading. 

Posts 326
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 8:20 AM

Excellent idea!

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 8:40 AM

Thomas Black:

For some reason George, I'm greatly heartened that you also fall behind in your reading. 

Yes, but he caught up. Stick out tongue

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 8:53 AM

Mark Barnes:

Thomas Black:

Yes, but he caught up. Stick out tongue

Yes, I did; but I also fell behind again (Just try concentrating on reading Hebrew while watching a very active 3 yr old).  I'm now nearly a week behind.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 86
Scott Fleischman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 11:22 AM

Thomas Black:

Actually this was a planned feature, but it never made it into the initial release.  It's in the queue!

Scott

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 2:53 PM

Scott Fleischman:

Thomas Black:

Actually this was a planned feature, but it never made it into the initial release.  It's in the queue!

Scott

Peace to you, Scott!              Thank you for sharing this!               I am grateful to Logos more than I can ever say; and this is one more feature that I would appreciate very much.  Looking forward to the future with Logos!            *smile*

Yours in Christ,

Mel

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 10888
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 3:18 PM

Scott Fleischman:

That will be wonderful. When I got behind I had to edit the reading plan to rebuild from the last page I had read. When you implement Tom's suggestion, Reading Plans will become even more valuable. I really like this feature. If I don't have a plan and a checklist, I have great difficulty completing a book. 

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 3:24 PM

Scott Fleischman:
W007!

I'm so glad to hear that Scott, you make me happy.  Big Smile

Posts 23
Aaron | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 3:31 PM

I like the idea!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS