Missing Books - I have them under L3 but not under L4

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 108
Mark Martin | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 18 2009 1:37 PM

I noticed when going from L4 Beta 3 to Beta 4 that I lost a Maxwell book that I had been reading - "The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership".  It was noted as a bug.  With the changeover to Beta 5 I once again had access to that book.  Looking at my L3 Library I discovered that I had the following Maxwell books:

Becoming a Person of Influence, The 21 Most Powerful Minutes in a Leader's Day, The 2 Most Powerful Minutes in a Leader's Day: Revitalize Your Spirit and Empower Your Leadership, Developling the Leader Within You, Failing Forward, and The Winning Attitude.

The "21 Titled" books made it to L4 but the rest are not present.  Any reason why?  This may be a question for Bradley since he pointed out the previous bug and fixed it in B5.

Posts 27860
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 2:02 AM

Are they *.lsf files? Check that in L3 from Help | About this resource (scroll down until you see a file name).  Are they in the L4 resource folder?

XP -> C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Logos4\Data\{random}\ResourceManager\Resources

Vista/Win7 -> C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\{random}\ResourceManager\Resources

If not there, open L4, go to Command bar, type scan <path to L3 resource folder> and restart L4.

NB. update to RC1 first.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 138
s f-k | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 1:31 PM

I lost a resource as well upon cross-grading: Aland's Synopsis of the 4 Gospels.

I tried the file path you have above for XP and found that I don't even have a Logos4 folder in Application Data. The only folder that's there is Microsoft.

Help?

Costa Rica

ESEPA Seminary

Posts 27860
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 1:54 PM

They could be hidden. In Explorer go to Tools | Folder Options and you'll see an option in the View tab.

Synopsis of the 4 Gospels was a Harmony in L3 (not a resource)  = SYN4GOSPALAND.logos4 in L4. Check that it was included with the minimal Cross Grade http://www.logos.com/minimalcrossgrade

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 138
s f-k | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 2:16 PM

Thanks, Dave.

Found the folder... the synopsis isn't there. Nor was it included with my upgrade (not cross-grade; my mistake).

So how do I get it? Only Customer Service?

Costa Rica

ESEPA Seminary

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 3:00 PM

StefanFeliz-Kent:

Thanks, Dave.

Found the folder... the synopsis isn't there. Nor was it included with my upgrade (not cross-grade; my mistake).

So how do I get it? Only Customer Service?

In 3.0 harmonies like Aland were part of a tool. If you look for it in your resource folder you won't find it listed separately. In 4.0 they are separate resources. For this reason they are not part of the minimal cross-grade. You must upgrade to the Scholars Library to get Aland.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 3:10 PM

Mark Martin:
I noticed when going from L4 Beta 3 to Beta 4 that I lost a Maxwell book that I had been reading

There was a bug in one of the Betas that caused old LSF/LIX files like Maxwell's to crash or not work. That is now fixed. Update to the newest beta and you should be fine.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 138
s f-k | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 3:56 PM

Thanks, Mark.

Costa Rica

ESEPA Seminary

Posts 108
Mark Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2009 5:50 AM

Thanks for the suggestions.  I had lost my LSF files in Beta 4.  They did return in Beta 5. I had already done a scan of my L3 Resources and still didn't have the books.  I only had access to the two Maxwell books that I had listed.  After searching my L3 resource directory and noting the book file names, I went to m L4 resource directory and found those files there also.

I went back L4 which is the 4.0a RC and type in the titles rather than the author.  All of the other Maxwell books had transitioned over with no bibliographic data other than the title.  I tagged all the books with Maxwell and they now appear under an Author search.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS