Can We Save or Print the List of Library Resources?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 103
Bishop Salamat Khokhar | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 7 2013 9:17 AM

Hello Friends.    Is there any way to print or export to MS Word  the list of resources in Library?

I hope there is some way.

Bishop Salamat Khokhar

Posts 3047
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 7 2013 9:30 AM

Bishop Salamat Khokhar:
Is there any way to print or export to MS Word  the list of resources in Library?

Yes, there are several ways to do this. This is probably the easiest way-

http://wiki.logos.com/Bibliography#How_to_create_a_Bibliography_of_all_my_books

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 7 2013 10:20 AM

Doc B:

Bishop Salamat Khokhar:
Is there any way to print or export to MS Word  the list of resources in Library?

Yes, there are several ways to do this. This is probably the easiest way-

http://wiki.logos.com/Bibliography#How_to_create_a_Bibliography_of_all_my_books

I just attempted this and am getting a repeatable crash. If you or Bishop Khokhar get the same crash, you may wish to join the Bug thread. Find it here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/74883.aspx

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 3047
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 7 2013 3:26 PM

Richard DeRuiter:
I just attempted this and am getting a repeatable crash.

That's interesting, Richard. I've done this method in the past and it worked fine (but that was several updates ago).

Any more, I never make a bibliography of my entire library; rather, I use collections and make bibs of those. So this method may need to be modified in the wiki.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Posts 2757
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 7 2013 3:48 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

I just attempted this and am getting a repeatable crash. If you or Bishop Khokhar get the same crash, you may wish to join the Bug thread. Find it here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/74883.aspx

Question: How big is your library?  How BIG do you expect the printout to be?  Does Logos write its temporary files to disk or keep them in Memory?

Have tried that procedure and it works for LITTLE reports but for me it DIED on very very big ones [when trying to print my 3500 Logos core resources] [[define core resources - ones that I might use in a Biblical research project - no fiction, no world history not Bible related. etc]]

[[imho expect that there is a memory overflow error as the output file will not fit in memory]]

Posts 103
Bishop Salamat Khokhar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 8 2013 1:53 AM

Friends, thanks for answering and trying to help.   My library has 7273 resources.  I shall try to use the suggested method.

Thanks again

Posts 22
Ken | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 10:32 AM

This method worked great, thank you!

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 5:25 PM

It works for me until I sort my bibliography then I get- Logos not responding

Posts 3047
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 27 2014 10:26 AM

Kent:

It works for me until I sort my bibliography then I get- Logos not responding

I don't recommend sorting in Logos. I export to a Word file, then let Microsoft do the sorting.  It works much better for me. (Hint: Check the 'Bibliography Only' check box before exporting.)

Posts 103
Bishop Salamat Khokhar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 27 2014 1:14 PM

Hello friends

It worked for me.  Thanks for the guidance.

BSK

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS