Rapture (caught-up)

Page 5 of 5 (95 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 94 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 11 2013 9:40 AM

David Paul:

... that prevents participants from presenting a coherent progression of thought before being unceremoniously cut off in mid sent

Obviously a mid-tribber ... Zip it!

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 11 2013 9:53 AM

David Paul:

ence. This annoyance keeps people from using Faithlife for the purpose it intended to serve. If Logos wants to push theological discussions to that forum, then it needs to be an actual FORUM. The current design does nothing to help draw users and keep them there. This is one reason, I suspect, that users keep using the Forum for such discussions, because participants are allowed to complete their thoug

David Paul:

ence. This annoyance keeps people from using Faithlife for the purpose it intended to serve. If Logos wants to push theological discussions to that forum, then it needs to be an actual FORUM. The current design does nothing to help draw users and keep them there. This is one reason, I suspect, that users keep using the Forum for such discussions, because participants are allowed to complete their thoug

Peace, David!               You DO have a point, eh???               *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 69
Daniel Presley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 11 2013 1:56 PM

You guys have nice and valid points. I was over there (FaithLife) and could not post an interesting letter from a friend.

I was talking to my friend about 1 John 2:1-2. Basically it's about "believers" repenting in prayer to Christ. He sent me a letter and I wasn't sure how to answer it. I don't think it has anything to do with theology-but its a mind cruncher.

Here's the letter:

Dear Dan:   I believe it is important why I so adamantly oppose the interpretation of 1 John 1:9 that teaches that Christians have a sin account upon which their post-salvation sins accumulate, causing God to turn away from the Christian (broken fellowship, can't use you in His ministry to the lost, and if you partake of the Lord's Supper with even one un-confessed sin on your account you damn yourself to hell).   That single verse - if you remove it from the context - says that God will forgiven your sins (not just the one you confess) and cleanse you from all unrighteousness IF you will confess your sins (plural).   How many times in the life of a person are their sins forgiven and they are cleansed from all unrighteousness? The answer is, ONLY ONCE - AT THE CROSS BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST. But the way Confessionists use that verse is to tell Pew-Sitters that their life consists of periods of being in-fellowship and out-of-fellowship, depending on whether they have effectively confessed every sin on their account.   What this does to the Pew-Sitter is make him sin-conscious rather than Christ-conscious. It forces the Pew-Sitter to do something God no longer does - impute to himself sin. The real danger is that the Pew-Sitter becomes so consumed with numbering and confessing his sins that he takes his eyes off Jesus Christ and turns them inward to getting these sins washed off his account by a proper confession.   Ah - that brings up another problem for Pew-Sitters. How sincere must the confession be to get God to forgive the new sin? Can the Pew-Sitter simply close his eyes and say, "Yeah - I stole that bicycle - but only because You refused to give me one. So forgive me." I know that you would say in infatic, "No!" If I was a Confessionists, I would also say "No!" But there's a real problem. Since that verse does not say that you have to "...feel sorry and promise to do better next time..." how do you know if your confession came up to God's standard? Must there be tears? Must you have heart palpatations while you confess? Must you do like the Catholics and show a certain amount of contrition, remorse, and sorrow for your confession to be accepted?   Many times in the New Testament God tells us that our sins are taken away and nailed to the cross. God no longer imputes our sins to us but rather to Jesus Christ. If we impute our sins to ourselves - the very thing God does not do - then we deny the finished work of Jesus on the cross.    Emperor Constantine in 311 married the Christian church and the Roman state. His advisors told him that his sins were washed away during baptism. This puzzled him and he asked the obvious question: "If my sins are washed away during baptism, then what shall become of the sins I commit after baptism? They could not answer this question, so Constantine delayed his baptism until he was on his death bed so that he would not die with a single sin on his account. That became the Catholic confessional and has been a false curse on the church to this day. "What about the sins I commit after I am saved?"   Either they were paid for in full on the cross, or they are on you. God forgives sins only one way - by Jesus' shed blood at the cross. If a Pew-Sitter insists that his sins are forgiven by confession (which is a negotiated apology) then he dehies the blood of Jesus Christ. In so doing, he creates a different Jesus.   That is the real danger of the whole "Christian Bar of Soap" heresy.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 11 2013 2:14 PM

Daniel Presley:

You guys have nice and valid points. I was over there (FaithLife) and could not post an interesting letter from a friend.

I was talking to my friend about 1 John 2:1-2. Basically it's about "believers" repenting in prayer to Christ. He sent me a letter and I wasn't sure how to answer it. I don't think it has anything to do with theology-but its a mind cruncher.

Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he had come from God and was going to God, got up from the table, took off his outer robe, and tied a towel around himself. Then he poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples’ feet and to wipe them with the towel that was tied around him. He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?” Jesus answered, “You do not know now what I am doing, but later you will understand.” Peter said to him, “You will never wash my feet.” Jesus answered, “Unless I wash you, you have no share with me.” Simon Peter said to him, “Lord, not my feet only but also my hands and my head!” Jesus said to him, “One who has bathed does not need to wash, except for the feet, but is entirely clean. And you are clean, though not all of you.”

(John 13:3–10, NRSV)

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 11 2013 2:19 PM

Daniel!   *smile*           Psalm 29:11

I think you've been around long enough to know that such a post is really out of line.

This is not a debating forum.

What are you trying to accomplish by upsetting others who are trying to use Logos Bible Software to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ???

A reminder of the Forum Guidelines.  Please be responsible.

Posts 456

LogosEmployee
Reply More
Phil Gons | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 19 2010 11:23 AM | Locked

Please abide by the following guidelines as you interact on our forums.

1. Please keep your discussions focused on Logos Bible Software: our software, products, websites, company, tools, etc.
  2. Please do not discuss or debate biblical, theological, or other controversial topics. Use one of the many web forums intended for these kinds of discussions.
  3. Please treat each other with the love, courtesy, respect, and kindness that you would if you were sitting in your living room together.
  4. Please do not use our forums to
    • sell or give away anything or link to anything you’re selling or giving away—including Logos products
    • promote or link to competitors
    • point people to other places that sell Logos-compatible products
    • advertise yourself, your business, your ministry, your website, etc. (a tasteful link in your forum signature is acceptable)
    • post Logos Coupon Codes. If you are aware of a special promotion Logos is running online, you are welcome to link directly to the promotion.
  5. Please search before posting. It’s likely that someone has already asked your question.
  6. Please help others follow these guidelines. If the problems continue after you’ve given a gentle reminder of these expectations, please click “Report Abuse” under “More” or send an email to forums@logos.com.

Thank you for your cooperation. Enjoy discussing and learning about Logos Bible Software.

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 69
Daniel Presley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 11 2013 3:04 PM

Thanks for the reply and answer. I will go over my commentaries to get a fuller understanding.

Thanks Again.

Posts 69
Daniel Presley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 11 2013 3:12 PM

Thanks Milford for our reply.

I thought that the Post was harmless. I think I was just trying to find an answer to give to my friend so that we both can grow in Christ.

However, Peace. And I will repent.

Phil,

Thanks for your post. I will make a copy and place it on my cork board-that way I will not forget.

Peace also to you..

Posts 1523
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 11 2013 3:39 PM

Oh, man...there is so much I want to say about this. But I'll limit myself here because of forum rules.

Daniel Presley:

BTW, The word RAPTURE "harpazo" in the greek never gives any inclination of direction (up), but simply means "to be seized, taken hold of, taken advantage of,.. see Theological dictionary of the new testament & New international Dictionary of N.T. Theology. If "UP" was implied, then the Greek prefix/preposition "ana" or possibly (unlikely) "ek" would be used with "harpazo" to give it direction, but they are not used.

I say just this one thing. Smile If I am standing on the ground, where are the clouds? Surprise

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 11 2013 3:53 PM

To Daniel and Josh!                 *smile*             Thanks to both of you for your attitude!

...  and your forbearance!

The Logos Forums are so very important to so many people and are so very helpful in so many respects.

Of course we all have strong and passionate feelings about many things, and it's hard to be always "cool," eh???

May God help us show His Love to one another!       *smile*

Peace!

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 11 2013 8:06 PM

Jerome Smith:

I invite you to actually read and study carefully study Proposition 70, the second Proposition you selected for study.

Ok Jerome, I will take a look at Prop 70. Once again, I will be looking for solid Biblical proof of the assertion. I did not find it for Prop 58.

As far as the parables and the Kingdom, James Stuart Russels "Parousia" (not available on Logos) is the best I have read, and I have read a lot.

Posts 1027
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 11 2013 8:06 PM

Josh:
I say just this one thing. Smile If I am standing on the ground, where are the clouds? Surprise

Surely that would depend on how you define "ground" - if you were standing on the top of a mountain then they would more than likely be below you Wink

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 11 2013 9:02 PM

David Carter:

Josh:

Surely that would depend on how you define "ground" - if you were standing on the top of a mountain then they would more than likely be below you Wink

Perhaps, if you were in the Himalayas. 

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1523
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 11 2013 9:35 PM

George Somsel:

David Carter:

Josh:

Perhaps, if you were in the Himalayas. 

Rapture free zone. Big Smile

Posts 2746
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 12 2013 1:45 AM

Milford Charles Murray:

David Paul:

David Paul:

Peace, David!               You DO have a point, eh???               *smile*

Yes, I agree.

Bohuslav

Posts 171
Jerome Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 12 2013 6:47 AM

John:

Jerome Smith:

I invite you to actually read and study carefully study Proposition 70, the second Proposition you selected for study.

Ok Jerome, I will take a look at Prop 70. Once again, I will be looking for solid Biblical proof of the assertion. I did not find it for Prop 58.

As far as the parables and the Kingdom, James Stuart Russels "Parousia" (not available on Logos) is the best I have read, and I have read a lot.

Thank you, John, for your willingness to further pursue your study of Peters. I trust that in the long run it will prove rewarding.

Page 5 of 5 (95 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS