Notes export/import

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 786
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 12 2013 11:04 AM

My friend just bought Logos, and would like to jump-start with a copy of my notes.

• Is there a way I can do this?
  • Is there a way that Logos Support can do this?
  • Should I post this as a Wish List item?
Posts 21916
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 12 2013 11:11 AM

Hi Jack

Create a faithlife group and invite him to join.

You can then share documents to that group and other group members - in this case, your friend - can download them.

If you get any problems with this - or don't know how to go about it - please post back

Graham

Posts 786
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 12 2013 11:24 AM

>>share documents<<

If "documents" means a text file, then that's not what I need.

I'm hoping for a way to transfer a copy of all my Logos Notes files, keyed to individual verses in all Bibles. (Back in Logos 3 days, it was a simple matter of copying a file of all notes, then reindexing. Alas, no more, as far as I can tell.)

If you can tell me how to do the second option, then yes, I would need step-by-step instructions for the Compleat Idiot.

Posts 21916
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 12 2013 11:31 AM

Jack Hairston:
If "documents" means a text file, then that's not what I need.

No a "document" is a user-created resource including notesfiles.

Jack Hairston:
I'm hoping for a way to transfer a copy of all my Logos Notes files, keyed to individual verses in all Bibles.

You can do it but it needs to be done on a notesfile-by-notesfile basis

Jack Hairston:
If you can tell me how to do the second option, then yes, I would need step-by-step instructions for the Compleat Idiot.

Happy to do so but just going out for a while.

Hopefully someone else will come along and walk through it otherwise I'll pick up when I get back

It can be doneSmile

Posts 1836
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 12 2013 11:51 AM

Step 1 - Create a Faithlife group (it can be a private group with only 2 people) by going to the logos.com page then click on Faithlife at the top of the page. It will take you to the Faithlife page. You can create a group just like the one I created for one of my professors and I to share files. If you create a private group you will have to invite your friend to join the group.

Step 2 - Open the documents tab in L5 then select "share documents"

Step 3 - move your mouse to the righthand side of the Documents page and you will get options to publish your documents.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 21916
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 12 2013 1:13 PM

Thanks DavidSmile

Posts 786
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 12 2013 1:51 PM

Wow! Even simpler than I expected. Hats off to the Logos designers.

Thanks, David.

Jack

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS