Just Upgraded Today - Logos 5 will not index or update my library.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 11
Tal Prince | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 12 2013 6:27 PM

So, after buying the upgrade to 5 and downloading it. I read the instructions and watched the video intro. It opened, but has yet to try and index or update my library - it's been all day. I'm guessing that's not right. Help, please!

Thanks!

ta;

Posts 9101
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 12 2013 6:41 PM

Tal, it can take quite to initially start up, however all day seems wrong. It has to download all your resources. Can you confirm by an icon in the system tray if this did happen or is going on? Can you open Task manager (If you are running Windows) and go to the processes tab and see what Logos processes are running and if they seem to be actively running?

Check your Logos Log Files (in Windows under My Documents) to see if anything is being generated there. If so, .zip them together and attach them to a follow-up note here (use the paperclip icon on the compose message page).

Now would be a good time to enable permanent diagnostic logging. Follow instructions at the link.

You can try killing all Logos processes in Task manager and then try restarting Logos. Don't restart until you enable diagnostic logging.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 11
Tal Prince | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 12 2013 6:47 PM

Sorry Mark, I was not clear enough. I am running a Mac with OXS 10.8.4. Upgraded from the Scholars Library on Logos 4 for Mac. I've gone through the instructions on deleting everything, and initiating the process again. Currently downloading LogosMac.dmg again to see how it will go this time. Hopefully this works.

Thanks for responding! I'll update shortly.

tal

Posts 9101
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 12 2013 6:55 PM

Tal Prince:
Thanks for responding! I'll update shortly.

If you run into trouble I hope the Mac folks will give you some help, but I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS