Bug: SR7: Search within notes appears to be broken

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 19577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 19 2009 4:40 AM

Create a notes document and add a bunch of notes to it
In that notes panel, type Ctrl+F to bring up the Find box
Type something into the Find box that you know is somewhere within one of the notes you created
Press Enter

Result: Nothing happens. The focus doesn't even move away from the Find box.

Expect: Search within the notes.

Without this functionality working, using the main Search panel to find something within your notes (under My Content) is limited, because if your notes are lengthy or you have a lot of them, you won't easily be able to find the specific place within that notes document where the text was found, because clicking on the hit in the Search results under My Content only brings you to the top of the notes document. 

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 4:53 AM

In RC-1, using the inline find filters out all notes that don't include the search string, but doesn't highlight the string, nor move the focus.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 31
Matt Rees | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 11:56 AM

Rosie Perera:

Type something into the Find box that you know is somewhere within one of the notes you created
Press Enter

I get the same (SR-7).

Posts 19577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 5:07 PM

Matt Rees:

Rosie Perera:

Press Enter

I get the same (SR-7).

I just realized this is probablly "by design," but it's a questionable design IMHO. If you have lots of notes in your notes file, Find will filter them out and show you only the ones that have the search text in them. But it won't move the focus to the first hit or highlight it for you. That's not what I'd expect from doing a Find within a resource. I would never use the feature the way it stands now.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS