Searching Lexham Hebrew Bible for Weqatal (waw plus perfect)

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 21
Jim Coakley | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 19 2013 8:52 AM

I was wondering if anyone else is able to get any results when doing a morphological search in the Lexham Hebrew Bible searching for the Weqatal form? It also seems that there has been a change (which I am grateful for!) in the names for the different verbal aspects/tenses in the LHB Hebrew morphology as compared to when Logos 5 first came out. I believe the "Qatal" was called "perfect" originally and at first there was no category for the weqatal. Now, when I look for obvious weqatal forms in the LHB and mouse over them (Like the verbs in 1 Sam 10:4) the are tagged as a waw conjunction with qatal tense/aspect rather than as a weqatal.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 12:45 PM

I would be really interested to hear a clarification too. Smile

Posts 2455
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 1:31 PM

Jim Coakley:

I was wondering if anyone else is able to get any results when doing a morphological search in the Lexham Hebrew Bible searching for the Weqatal form? It also seems that there has been a change (which I am grateful for!) in the names for the different verbal aspects/tenses in the LHB Hebrew morphology as compared to when Logos 5 first came out. I believe the "Qatal" was called "perfect" originally and at first there was no category for the weqatal. Now, when I look for obvious weqatal forms in the LHB and mouse over them (Like the verbs in 1 Sam 10:4) the are tagged as a waw conjunction with qatal tense/aspect rather than as a weqatal.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Just confirming that the color scheme for MTS has both the Qatal and the WeQatal as red for tracking Perfect and Perfect Consecutive.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 21
Jim Coakley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 1:46 PM

Confirmed. Are you able to get any results for weqatal in LHB when you just search for that morphology?

Posts 1418
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 2:10 PM

Jim, what version of Logos are you on? 5.1a, or the beta/RC for 5.1b?

There will be an update to LHB released early next week that I'm guessing will address this issue you're experiencing.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 21
Jim Coakley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 2:23 PM

I am running Logos Bible Software 5.1a SR-2 (5.1.1.0623)

Posts 2455
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 2:40 PM

I am running

Logos Bible Software 5.1a SR-2 (5.1.1.0623)

When I search for Qatal the verbs in 1 Sam 10:4 get highlighted

When I search for Qatal/WeQatal they are highlighted

When I search for WeQatal - I get no love.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 21
Jim Coakley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 11:15 AM

The latest update  (9/25) to the LHB corrected the issue.

Thanks!

Posts 2455
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 11:45 AM

Jim Coakley:

Thanks!

Yes

Posts 1418
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 12:27 PM

Jim Coakley:

Thanks for confirming, Jim. Sorry the fix took so long.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS