NICOT/NICNT Sale on that A software

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1506
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 9:33 AM

JoshInRI:

...I continue to wish the homepage in Logos had more lengthy devotional content rather than sales items.

I dont have any sales, but devotionals and updates as you wish to have. Did you select what content you want? Here is mine, no complains whatsoever:

here are my content settings:

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 1776
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 28 2013 7:34 AM

For Francis

I do not have control over how tiny or large the devotional content on my homepage is.Logos does.  I can create a new homepage and challenging layouts but as a user I find the homepage is primarily there to promote sales at Logos...usually books I cannot afford and some that show me the recent niches that Logos is reaching out to.

To me the biggest thing that Logos can do is completely revamp its frontpage on Android and Windows.  Make it something other than ereader or a sales driven tool. I also do not see myself switching to Accordance which looks like they suddenly once added on Windows as an addendum - though I do admit some of their low cost sale items look attractive to me.

I just cannot be bothered with another system that looks and feels like Logos but is NOT.

(addendum) Wild Eagle I see tiny sections of devotional content and 3 columns of what Logos updated.  I concur changes can be made...its just not robust and user friendly enough yet to me....but its headed there I concede.

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 28 2013 8:05 AM

Josh, I also am annoyed from time to time by the commercial aspect of Logos. However, I tell myself that part of being a cutting edge company involves the practical realities of money-making and business. As a company, it is clear that Logos is very resolutely making use of aggressive marketing strategies. It may be annoying from our perspective but sound from theirs. So I try to ignore it. And at times, there happens to be a good deal that I am happy to find out about (and freebies).

Posts 25114
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 28 2013 8:18 AM

JoshInRI:

(addendum) Wild Eagle I see tiny sections of devotional content and 3 columns of what Logos updated. 

But note that Wild Eagle has "Updated Resources" selected

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 28 2013 9:33 AM

By selecting less options and leaving out anything but devotional, you can get something like this:

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 28 2013 11:21 AM

JoshInRI:

When I looked into Accordance I assumed it was a new Logos offering under a different name.

It sure seemed that way. I was wrong.  I just can't be bothered to have yet another resource, though my guess is there is far less advertising in Accordance.  As this is a Logos forum...I continue to wish the homepage in Logos had more lengthy devotional content rather than sales items.

The only thing close to an advertisement i have seen in Accordance is on the updates page. When all your items are up to date. you are shown the paid updates. I constantly see the Narva translation there, but since I do not speak spanish not going to pay for the update, and just now I see Strongs numbers have been added to the NJPS translation, but I have no need for it.

-Dan

Posts 1776
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 28 2013 4:15 PM

Fracis...let me type plainly and respectfully.

Even your examples show clipped devotionals.  There is just no reason for that in Logos, sorry.

On a large screen we get maybe an inch of something...its just silly imho.

Blessings,

Joshua

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2013 11:30 AM

Peace, Dear Young Brother!        *smile*

Perhaps we are somehow "talking" past each other??                For example, right now I have 6 "pages" on my home "page" -- on those 6 pages I have 9 daily devotionals that I have prioritized, including one that I made for myself that I'm very pleased with!\                  I guess you could say that every one is "clipped" (am not sure what you mean?)           .........     When I select one of my daily devotionals (and I actually don't have time to read every one every day), it "opens up" my devotional ...

So, what are you referring to, please?        (I just don't see Logos putting each whole daily devotional on my "front page," since that would require too much space ...                  ...   so ..   to me "clipped" is the way to go ...              What would be the alternatives except for very small devotionals???

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 492
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 1 2013 8:17 PM

Jack Caviness:

Just tried hover over a reference to 1 Macc 2:64 in BDAG and received nothing (Yes, I do have a tagged LXX).

Jack, your preferences are not set up correctly. In preferences, under Tool Display, set your alternate text to something with the Apocrypha/Deuterocanonicals such as the LXX you mentioned that you have or the NRSV.

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 10831
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 2 2013 2:50 AM

R. Mansfield:

Jack Caviness:

Just tried hover over a reference to 1 Macc 2:64 in BDAG and received nothing (Yes, I do have a tagged LXX).

Jack, your preferences are not set up correctly. In preferences, under Tool Display, set your alternate text to something with the Apocrypha/Deuterocanonicals such as the LXX you mentioned that you have or the NRSV.

Thanks.

Posts 28
Fall-Guy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 15 2013 10:10 AM

Mark Smith:
Not promoting another company's deals but

Yeah, you are.  And you set an example for others to do the same.

Posts 407
Ray from Faithlife | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2013 8:50 AM

Dan Pritchett wrote a very thorough response to the question of posts about other software companies. I believe it applies here.

RD3

Logos Marketing | ray.deck@logos.com

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS