NICOT/NICNT ONLY $799.99

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 24 2013 10:21 AM

Seems like several of the Logos competitors are putting NICOT/NICNT on sale...a good sale...$799.99. Anything us Logos?

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 408
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2013 10:55 AM

You are likely to start a riot with a post heading like that. Big Smile

Posts 9797
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2013 12:35 PM

What a disappointment to read the title and find that it was not true for Logos!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1511
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2013 12:46 PM

I dont think you will see this price in Logos. Prepub price was 999, and last year back to school sale was $1050 (pretty much prepub price). Logos uses lots of tags, and I doubt it will go lower the prepub price. 

Edit: Other companies like A.......e have tags as well, but much less than Logos because they dont have such a big library

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2013 12:47 PM

Bruce,

Probably the same disappointment I have been feeling all day as I get emails from other carriers and nothing from Logos...Crying

Sorry for the let down!

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 9797
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2013 1:57 PM

John Kight:

Bruce,

Probably the same disappointment I have been feeling all day as I get emails from other carriers and nothing from Logos...Crying

Sorry for the let down!

No worries. It would be great if it were true for Logos.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2013 2:17 PM

This one is a bit confusing… These special prices are an arrangement with the publishers, since two separate software distributors are offering the same deal it would make sense that this price would be made available to all distributors who wanted to participate, the question then becomes why has Logos and WordSearch not participated in the chance to offer a sale price. And if Logos was not offered to participate why not? The last time I saw a sale price on WBC it was being offered by OT, Acc., Logos for the exact same savings. Now I realize that it is a different company that has the NIC, but other than not wishing to sell it lower than pre-pub pricing I can't see why Logos would refuse (I suppose one could hope that the price was deferred for Logos for a big promotional thing like the annual Christmas sale but somehow I doubt it).

-Dan

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2013 2:29 PM

Doesn't Pastor Appreciation Month start in a few days?

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 600
Nick Steffen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2013 11:02 PM

I like the way you think, fgh! Yes

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 5:17 AM

John Kight:

Seems like several of the Logos competitors are putting NICOT/NICNT on sale...a good sale...$799.99. Anything us Logos?

Dan Francis:
the question then becomes why has Logos and WordSearch not participated in the chance to offer a sale price.

With Accordance, this is an introductory price, as they never had this set before. Logos had similar pricing when the set was first introduced a few years ago. Do not know if other competitors had the set previous to this special pricing.

Posts 2937
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 7:06 AM

Since this sale is offered by more than one competitor, It would seem that the publisher is involved in this deal.  Odd that Logos would not be offered something similar, if not the same deal.  I would hope the publisher does not play favorites.  The point is well made that Logos has to put more work into the resource than these competitors, but I would expect some kind of sale.

I paid over $400 more than this competitor's sale to have NICOT/NT in my Logos library.  And it is the most valuable commentary set I own, hands down.  So I don't feel cheated.  I knew what it was when I bought it.  Also, Logos provided me a payment plan which made possible the purchase.  That was a big help.

However, if I had the option of buying it in another program for $428 less, I would have bought it in the other program.  Things like this make me question the wisdom of buying all my resources from one source.    It is very convenient to have the NICOT/NT just one click away in Logos.  But how important that is depends on the resource.  For me, a Bible Commentary comes near the end of my study process, and I usually just open it to the passage I am studying; therefore, tagging is not as crucial for a commentary.  And I certainly don't need a "passage guide" to tell me to check the NICOT/NT. 

Still Logos is my Bible Software, and always will be the source of most of my resource purchases.  It would have to be a very special resource, such as NICOT/NT to tempt me to look beyond Logos.  Actually, the less I know about a resource, the more important it would be to have it in Logos so that the passage guide could remind of it when needed.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 171
Adam Rao | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 8:40 AM

Jack Caviness:

John Kight:

Dan Francis:
the question then becomes why has Logos and WordSearch not participated in the chance to offer a sale price.

With Accordance, this is an introductory price, as they never had this set before. Logos had similar pricing when the set was first introduced a few years ago. Do not know if other competitors had the set previous to this special pricing.

I'm pretty sure that's not true. Accordance has had NICOT/NICNT for a while now. In fact, unlike Logos, they even made the move a while back to offer the volumes separately! (Would love to see Logos do this as well!)

Posts 600
Nick Steffen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 9:27 AM

Has anyone called into Logos to ask whether they've talked to the publisher about offering this?

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 9:44 AM

A point aside the main discussion: I don't mean to come across harshly but the deceptive sensational thread titles are starting to become an annoying nuisance. Notwithstanding what may not have been intent to offend, this kind of joke is running old. Twice now in the last while has someone posted something that sounded like the great deal everybody has been waiting for for NICNT/NICOT.

While I hope that conversation will continue on this topic and that the level of interest in a great sale on this product will yield results, I am tempted -- if there continues to be thread titles of the kind -- to start reporting them as abusive. 

This is just a broader remark with regard to forum ethics and not a personal attack on those who have posted these threads. Blessings to them and to all who love the Lord with a pure heart.

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 11:22 AM

Francis:

While I hope that conversation will continue on this topic and that the level of interest in a great sale on this product will yield results, I am tempted -- if there continues to be thread titles of the kind -- to start reporting them as abusive. 

This is just a broader remark with regard to forum ethics and not a personal attack on those who have posted these threads. Blessings to them and to all who love the Lord with a pure heart.

IT is an abuse in that technically a competitors sale is being mentioned which is a no no… But i think there broader point is why hasn't Logos been involved in this sale. Now I realize that Logos personal do not spend a lot of time in the forums, but I would hope that this would attract them to respond (as I assume the 2 posters had hoped for). As I said perhaps they never got the chance to offer it but it would be nice to know why...

-Dan

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 12:01 PM

Dan Francis:

The last time I saw a sale price on WBC it was being offered by OT, Acc., Logos for the exact same savings.

From what I recall WBC was offered under quite a different arrangement where Nelson used the Logos (Libronix) system to market their electronic versions (directly themselves for the most part in conjunction with their eBible offerings, rather than primarily via Logos marketting, although you could also get them through Logos.)

Not obvious that deals with all publishers have historically followed the same template, so sale prices from a few years ago may well have depended on whether Logos or the original publisher funded the project to add all the additional Logos tagging to the volumes.

Posts 1511
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 12:05 PM

Dan Francis:

Now I realize that Logos personal do not spend a lot of time in the forums, but I would hope that this would attract them to respond (as I assume the 2 posters had hoped for).

-Dan

They do spend time. Just try to start theological/political debate here and you will see how fast you would get respond (I do not promote debate, but I just give it as an example). 

Dan Francis:

As I said perhaps they never got the chance to offer it but it would be nice to know why...

-Dan

Yes

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 1417
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 2:38 PM

John Kight:

Angry

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 4:01 PM

To make things worse, it's actually on sale for $779.99 at at least one of the other bible software companies.

Posts 2839
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 5:19 PM

I largely dropped one of these other software companies when I went to Logos. I had some thoughts about rekindling my relationship with them, but there's nearly no incentive anymore. I added NICNT/NICOT awhile back at a good price, but the integration with Logos doesn't have a price tag in my opinion--it's the core of what makes Logos better than any other Bible program.

I find it interesting that other companies have decided to cross platform like Logos. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS