New Kindles Available

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3711
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 24 2013 9:30 PM

Just saw that Kindle has new models to ship October 18.  You can see the details here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DOPNLJ0/tag=fhj-20

Up to 64 GB
With/without Special Offers
7" and 8.9"
Quad core
w/wo LTE using Verizon or ATT
Front and Rear facing cameras

Plus more - I see my Christmas request!

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 408
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2013 11:29 PM

Very nice, but with that pricing I would rather have an iPad...and I'm not particularly fond of the cult of Apple (although I've owned a few in my day...the last being a G4 Cube that sadly was sold many moons ago).  The lack of the Google Play Store limits the utility as a general tablet device.  As a Prime member for the past seven years I have been tempted at times to jump in, but it is just too limiting for my tastes. 

Posts 3246
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 6:25 AM

I have my eye on the new paperwhite.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 6:50 AM

What specific lack do you see in the Google Play store? As someone who owns devices in both camps, all the core apps are available on both stores. Google Play is definitely lacking in certain tablet specific apps that iTunes has, mostly games, music and art related. If you are not interested in those, the Nexus 7 makes a fine Logos reader. The iPad mini is great too (I dont have one). I find myself using my bigger iPad (2nd gen) less and less these days.

Posts 29
LogosEmployee
Jeremy Einfeld | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 10:09 AM

Please keep your discussions focused on Logos Bible Software: our software, products, websites, company, tools, etc.

Posts 437
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 10:20 AM

Hey Jeremy

Are you related to MJ???  How can this not be related to logos??  Has logos started supplying hardware??  So they are talking about something one needs to use logos, a software.

But thank you for watching the forums and be willing to take part.

In His Name

Posts 408
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 10:39 AM

Geo Philips:

What specific lack do you see in the Google Play store? As someone who owns devices in both camps, all the core apps are available on both stores. Google Play is definitely lacking in certain tablet specific apps that iTunes has, mostly games, music and art related. If you are not interested in those, the Nexus 7 makes a fine Logos reader. The iPad mini is great too (I dont have one). I find myself using my bigger iPad (2nd gen) less and less these days.

I presume this is directed at my comment? Big Smile  I was not discussing the lack of the Google Play Store on the iPad, but rather the lack of the Google Play Store on Kindle devices.  Amazon uses their own Appstore only, which is a limiting factor against my purchase of a Kindle device.  I'd have no issues with the iPad or the Apple ecosystem...except perhaps the price premium.Big Smile  Full Disclosure: We are a 3 Nexus 7, 1 Asus Transformer family and have been using Android since the T-Mobile G1.  I currently use a Nexus 4 for personal calls and a Galaxy Nexus for work.  Android has certainly come a long way since Version 1.0.

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 6:54 PM

David Taylor Jr:

I have my eye on the new paperwhite.

Me too. Santa already knows I want one Cool

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 6:56 PM

Jeremy Einfeld:

Please keep your discussions focused on Logos Bible Software: our software, products, websites, company, tools, etc.

Hey Jeremy, hows that export to Kindle feature coming along in the Logos software? Big Smile

Posts 18923
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 7:03 PM

Jeremy Einfeld:

Logosians are always talking about what hardware is best for running Logos (e.g., this recent thread), which is totally appropriate. I see no harm in a little hardware digression now and then, even if Logos isn't specifically mentioned. It sure beats some of the other off-topic threads we get around here from time to time, which are indeed worth policing.

Now if it were an obvious spammer trying to sell a product or direct people to a hardware company's website to sell that product, that would be one thing (and would warrant deleting). But if it's forum regulars excited about new hardware they want to get, it sounds cool to me.

Posts 28
Fall-Guy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 7:32 PM

Rosie Perera:
Logosians are always talking about what hardware is best for running Logos (e.g., this recent thread), which is totally appropriate.

I like what I read about the Kindle Paperwhite but will only get one if I can import Logos books to it.

Posts 1753
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 7:50 PM

Maybe someone can update the Kindle app to do more than just eread....nahhhhhh..will never happen.  I ditched my inferior kindle ages ago.  Who in the world wants to spend 1K on a Surface 2 Pro either.

As this is a logos string....I would love to read my logos titles on Kindle and vice versa.  I would enjoy apps that do more than eread too.

Posts 18923
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 8:27 PM

JoshInRI:
I would love to read my logos titles on Kindle

I would too. The Kindle app works so well and isn't bogged down by a lot of features I don't need for simply reading. And it's FAST. I'd love to be able to read my non-technical Logos books in it.

Posts 42
JOSHUA DAVIS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 26 2013 10:12 AM

Rosie Perera:

Jeremy Einfeld:

Logosians are always talking about what hardware is best for running Logos (e.g., this recent thread), which is totally appropriate. I see no harm in a little hardware digression now and then, even if Logos isn't specifically mentioned. It sure beats some of the other off-topic threads we get around here from time to time, which are indeed worth policing.

Now if it were an obvious spammer trying to sell a product or direct people to a hardware company's website to sell that product, that would be one thing (and would warrant deleting). But if it's forum regulars excited about new hardware they want to get, it sounds cool to me.

Yes

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS