Reselling books from my library?

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 57
Pavel Kostecka | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 26 2013 1:25 AM

Hello!

I know it is possible to transfer whole Logos Library to someone else for $20 paid to Logos.

Is it also possible to sell only parts of the library. For example I have Carl Barth Dogmatics and now I know I will not use it. I would like to sell it to someone.

Is it possible?

Posts 11103
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 26 2013 1:41 AM

Pavel Kostecka:

Is it also possible to sell only parts of the library. For example I have Carl Barth Dogmatics and now I know I will not use it. I would like to sell it to someone.

This is possible, provided the parts (such as individual resources or bundles of resources) were not obtained with academic discount or as part of a larger bundle. The $20 apply per transaction, as far as I know. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 25
Joe Wallace | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 14 2013 6:03 AM

I noticed that stillthetruth site has changed recently but I was still able to find a listing of resources available on the archive site if anyone is interested.

http://archive.stilltruth.com/forums/logos-bible-software/great-finds

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 14 2013 1:07 PM

Don't buy from Sogol over there! Me and another Logos User Forums member sent him emails but he stopped responding. We were wise enough not to send him any money:

Joe Wallace:
I noticed that stillthetruth site has changed recently but I was still able to find a listing of resources available on the archive site if anyone is interested.

http://archive.stilltruth.com/forums/logos-bible-software/great-finds 

But Niko can be trusted: http://archive.stilltruth.com/forum/logos-bible-software/logos-4/selling-g%C3%B6ttingen I'm saving money and thinking of buying Göttingen from him, but I don't want the other book he is selling. It will take quite a while for me to save that money. Niko will contact me if someone else bids on Göttingen.

And joew can be trusted! I have made a purchase I was greatly satisfied with.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 171
Adam Rao | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 14 2013 4:49 PM

Hmm. I purchased something from Sogol and everything went just fine. Really happy with what I was able to acquire, actually.

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 15 2013 12:12 AM

How long ago was that? Did he tell You to pay first?:

Adam Rao:
I purchased something from Sogol and everything went just fine.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 2854
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 15 2013 11:13 AM

Unix:

Don't buy from Sogol over there! Me and another Logos User Forums member sent him emails but he stopped responding. We were wise enough not to send him any money

If you didn't send him any money, how can you say that he is untrustworthy.  Seems a bit of and uncharitable attitude that you have.  Maybe he just didn't want to do business with you.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 150
Jim Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 12:53 AM

Hello,

Could you please refer me to the source that states

books purchased in bundles cannot be resold?

Blessings 

=============
Redeeming the time (Eph.5:16+Col.4:5) ...
Jim Dean

Posts 28686
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 6:12 AM

Jim Dean:

I don't know that it is listed somewhere, but for clarification: The books CAN be resold... they just can't be sold separately from the bundle. Additionally, if you have utilized dynamic pricing, the webs of the bundle have grown larger. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 9:05 AM

Jim Dean:

Hello,

Blessings 

Jim Dean:

Jim, I did a Google search to see if I could find where that was spelled out, and was unsuccessful. I do recall the discussion coming up more than once and the answer was always the same - we cannot sell items that are part of a bigger collection we purchased. It's the whole collection or nothing. Sorry I can't be more help in finding the original statement of policy.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1002
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 9:39 AM

If you contact Logos Customer Service, they will spell it all out for you. I have found them very helpful in transferring resource licenses from the buying end. I can only assume they will do the same on the selling end.

Dale Heath

Posts 7621
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 4:11 PM

Michael Childs:

Unix:

Don't buy from Sogol over there! Me and another Logos User Forums member sent him emails but he stopped responding. We were wise enough not to send him any money

If you didn't send him any money, how can you say that he is untrustworthy.  Seems a bit of and uncharitable attitude that you have.  Maybe he just didn't want to do business with you.

Another forum user, Unix?  You mean you with your other screen name? LOL 😂 😁😜

Posts 7621
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 11 2017 7:39 AM

Unix:

How long ago was that? Did he tell You to pay first?:

Adam Rao:
I purchased something from Sogol and everything went just fine.

Of course you gotta pay first! You're the one who's buying not him! That's how I've done it when I'm the one selling and once payment clears, I contact Logos to start the license transfer and if I'm the one buying I pay first.

As others have stated, there's some trust you have to give to people or else don't buy from them.

DAL

Posts 23573
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 11 2017 9:02 AM

DAL:
Of course you gotta pay first!

It may be worth noting that Unix was making his statements / asking his question in 2013. He may no longer be monitoring this thread.

Posts 7621
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 11 2017 10:03 AM
Graham Criddle:

DAL:
Of course you gotta pay first!

It may be worth noting that Unix was making his statements / asking his question in 2013. He may no longer be monitoring this thread.

I missed that part thanks for pointing it out. I just went by the most recent date of the last couple of comments 👍
Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS