FIREWALL BLOCKING LOGOS FROM SYNCING

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
DARNELL BENDER | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 29 2013 3:53 PM

Hello, Trying to get a little help to see if anyone knows how to get Norton 360 to allow Logos to sync and or download data. Occasionally I have tried and the program showed the logos sign in task bar but it doesnt stay on long enough to work TO SYNC OR RUN UPDATES PLEASE HELP.

Posts 18916
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 29 2013 4:01 PM

You should be able to add Logos as an exception in your firewall software. I don't know Norton 360, but perhaps you can get more help from a Norton user forum.

Posts 1777
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 29 2013 4:25 PM

I don't use Norton 360 but I do have Norton Internet Security and would imagine that the settings between the two programs would be, at least somewhat, similar. Below is how to do it with internet security. I hope that it helps you.

1). Open the program and click on settings.

2) Click on Network and then Smart Firewall

3) Click on "Configure" next to Program Rules.

4) Finally check to see what status Logos and Logos Indexer have. If they are configured to auto and are being blocked simply change to allow.

If changing to "Allow" does not work check and make sure that Windows Firewall or another program's firewall is turned on and blocking it.

Posts 2
DARNELL BENDER | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 29 2013 5:15 PM

THX Everyone. I will give this a try but I only see the option of ALLOW and not "AUTO".

Posts 1777
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 29 2013 5:30 PM

Select "Allow" and if Norton is blocking it, this should fix it.

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 29 2013 9:37 PM

Best thing to do is to uninstall Norton and install MS essentials antivirus. Free and works well.

Windows  7 and newer have no need for a 3rd party firewall.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS