BUG with 5.1b SR-1, Indexing every time program opens...

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 73
Chuck Lindsey | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 3 2013 3:44 PM

Mac running OS 10.8.5

I am having an issue I have never had until installing this latest release... 5.1b-SR-1.

After installing the newest service release (as prompted within the program to do so) Logos restarted and as expected (been using logos since before version 3 - so I've been through the whole indexing routine of version 4 and now 5) it said it had begun to index.

However, after a while it seemed stuck at 11% indexed (the yellow bar at the top still read "Your library is indexing. Search results from some resources may not be available. Indexing may slow down your computer. [Pause Indexing for 4 hours] 11% complete) and yet my CPU's were idle and the Logos Indexer was no longer running in the Activity Monitor and the Logos Indexing icon was gone from the top OS X menu bar. 

So with that, I just closed Logos and restarted it...

Again it came up, needing to index... this time it pegged the CPU's until it got to 5% and then same problem.

Now every time I open the program, same issue... the yellow bar says "indexing... 5% complete"

So I tried the "Rebuild Index" command... saw that it launched the indexer... then pegged the CPU's until it 5% again... same problem.

Not sure what else to do.

Thank you for any help you might be able to give.

Chuck

Posts 26806
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 4 2013 2:44 AM

Chuck, you need to reproduce the problem whilst collecting log data for diagnosis. See https://www.logos.com/support/logos5/mac/logging.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS