Unbundle Wallace!

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 516
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 7 2013 6:25 PM

I would love to buy this collection, but for now this is just a dream.

https://www.logos.com/product/32713/zondervan-biblical-languages-collection#004

Until then, can Logos please unbundle Daniel Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics?  I do not understand why it is possible to buy the Biblical Languages collection without Wallace, and yet not possible to buy Wallace separately.  Would such a situation be possible? 

Posts 171
Adam Rao | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 8 2013 6:55 AM

Many others have requested this as well. Here's hoping Logos does it soon.

Posts 3127
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 8 2013 8:16 AM

Daniel Yoder:
can Logos please unbundle Daniel Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics?

This bundle has had more requests for unbundling than any other I've seen in my six years with Logos, except for NICOT/NICNT.

As is, I won't buy the whole thing...I'll use my paper copies and wait until they are unbundled. I made a thread specifically requesting the OT resources be bundled separately from the NT resources...no response. I've seen at least five other threads giving various plans to unbundle into smaller bundles or completely, and still no responses.

I'm not angry about it, but I still contend Logos would sell a lot more of a few of the books in the bundle if they unbundled, and thus increase cash flow. And the primary audience for these books are seminary students, who are unlikely to have the cash for the whole kit-and-caboodle, unless they go into some (more) serious debt to get it.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 516
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 8 2013 9:46 AM

Doc B:

Daniel Yoder:
can Logos please unbundle Daniel Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics?

This bundle has had more requests for unbundling than any other I've seen in my six years with Logos, except for NICOT/NICNT.

As is, I won't buy the whole thing...I'll use my paper copies and wait until they are unbundled. I made a thread specifically requesting the OT resources be bundled separately from the NT resources...no response. I've seen at least five other threads giving various plans to unbundle into smaller bundles or completely, and still no responses.

I'm not angry about it, but I still contend Logos would sell a lot more of a few of the books in the bundle if they unbundled, and thus increase cash flow. And the primary audience for these books are seminary students, who are unlikely to have the cash for the whole kit-and-caboodle, unless they go into some (more) serious debt to get it.

I agree completely.  I am a seminary student and I cannot afford the entire collection.  I also agree that Logos would no doubt increase sales on these resources if the collection was unbundled. 

Posts 516
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 10 2013 2:12 PM

This may be a pipe dream, but I would love to hear from Logos as to whether or not this would be a possibility. 

Posts 407
Ray from Faithlife | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 10 2013 2:52 PM

Be hopeful. We are working to make this happen.

RD3

Logos Marketing | ray.deck@logos.com

Posts 516
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 10 2013 2:59 PM

Thanks Ray!  I will try to maintain hope.

Thanks for the response. 

Posts 681
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 10 2013 3:05 PM

Thanks. I love this book!

Posts 138
LogosEmployee
Clifford Kvidahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 15 2013 8:31 PM

I happy to report that Wallace's GGBB is now available to purchase by itself.

Posts 516
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 15 2013 9:04 PM

Clifford Kvidahl:

Yee-haw!  Thanks for the notification Clifford!

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 15 2013 9:13 PM

Clifford,

Can we expect the rest of the bundle to be broken up soon?

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 2671
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 15 2013 9:32 PM

Clifford Kvidahl:

Thank you for listening to your customers and securing this from Zondervan.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2013 2:58 AM

John Kight:

That is my main question. Already had Wallace, but now I am interested in Harris' work on prepositions.

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2013 5:36 AM

Jack Caviness:

John Kight:

That is my main question. Already had Wallace, but now I am interested in Harris' work on prepositions.

Yes  We can only hope. My guess is Logos could get GGBB off the bundle because there were already pre-existing rights for that title.

Posts 516
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2013 2:00 PM

Clifford Kvidahl:

Just making sure you know about this. Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS