Logos 4.0a is here

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 20 2009 11:51 AM

If I am right I just downloaded the new version of Logos 4.0a. It is not Beta anymore. Am I correct?

Bohuslav

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 11:56 AM

Did you download it or was it an automatic update?

iMac 27 inch, 3.1 GHz Core i5, 1T HD, 4 GB RAM

Posts 10832
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 11:57 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:
If I am right I just downloaded the new version of Logos 4.0a. It is not Beta anymore. Am I correct?

I still have SR-7 even after "Update Now" I was not on the Beta program if that makes any difference.

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 12:00 PM

I have been running 4.0a beta5 and it upgraded on Friday. I was under the impression that this was an RC1, but the version information doesn't say RC1, which surprised me a bit... or maybe it is tucked away somewhere else or I don't understand Logo's naming conventions.

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 12:01 PM

JackCaviness:

Bohuslav Wojnar:

I still have SR-7 even after "Update Now" I was not on the Beta program if that makes any difference.

I started my Logos 4 Beta and it automatically started to download and install. That is what I have now:

Bohuslav

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 12:04 PM

The Beta forum has release notes for 4.0a RC1. I assume the absence of that information on the Help>About screen is a simple mistake (and not one that has to be corrected by the Gold release Smile ).

Posts 13419
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 12:04 PM

The beta RSS feed is describing that version as RC1, despite the Help/About.

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 12:09 PM

It is showing 4.0a for me as well. Logos is only giving it to people they, you know, actually *like*? Though that still doesn't answer why Bohuslav has 4.0a...

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 12:14 PM

According to the release notes it is actually RC1. It was only downloaded to the beta users. If you are running SR7 it stays the same.

Posts 10832
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 12:56 PM

Chris Roberts:
Logos is only giving it to people they, you know, actually *like*?

How much MORE do I have to spend before Bob will like me? Crying

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 12:57 PM

JackCaviness:
How much MORE do I have to spend before Bob will like me? Crying

Post at least 666 times and see what that does for getting on his good side!

Posts 10832
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 1:00 PM

Donovan R. Palmer:
Post at least 666 times and see what that does for getting on his good side!

Do any of the posts have to actually contribute anything to the advancement of Logos? Or can they all be as senseless as this one? Big Smile

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 1:02 PM

JackCaviness:
Do any of the posts have to actually contribute anything to the advancement of Logos? Or can they all be as senseless as this one? Big Smile

Dude, if you are going to go there, then you are going to really do some serious damage to all the rankings. It would be best to be silent Zip it! and toe the party line!

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 1:14 PM

I am showing SR-7 still, too.  It checks for updates and then a small window pops up in the bottom right-hand corner and says No Updates Available.  I never noticed the window in the corner before...

Edit:

Whoops!  I missed the post about it only being released to Beta users...

"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell."  -  Beyond Our Suffering - AILD

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 1:17 PM

Chris Roberts:
It is showing 4.0a for me as well. Logos is only giving it to people they, you know, actually *like*? Though that still doesn't answer why Bohuslav has 4.0a...

Big Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 10832
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 1:21 PM

Donovan R. Palmer:

JackCaviness:

Dude, if you are going to go there, then you are going to really do some serious damage to all the rankings. It would be best to be silent Zip it! and toe the party line!

I think you are just trying to bait me into that magic post, so you can catch me> Big Smile

Seriously, I just made a backup of my Parallels VM so I can safely install the RC.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 1:33 PM

Donovan R. Palmer:
I was under the impression that this was an RC1, but the version information doesn't say RC1, which surprised me a bit...
When L4 went from Beta to RC, Logos did not put RC in the release, it just said L4.  So this would seem to be in line with how they do things.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 26963
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 1:39 PM

Donovan R. Palmer:

I have been running 4.0a beta5 and it upgraded on Friday. I was under the impression that this was an RC1, but the version information doesn't say RC1, which surprised me a bit... or maybe it is tucked away somewhere else or I don't understand Logo's naming conventions.

It is normal practice to simply label it 4.0a. You just have to associate RC1 with the build number 4467.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 11:58 PM

Dave Hooton:
It is normal practice to simply label it 4.0a. You just have to associate RC1 with the build number 4467.

Ah, thanks. I wondered if it was a naming convention issue. Henceforth 4467 shall be designated in my mind as RC1! Smile

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS