Change Login and Email Address

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1615
Rick | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 10 2013 4:43 PM

In the days of Libronix, whatever email address you initially used was what you were stuck with for life. Is this still true with Logos 5? I am about to change my email address and need to figure out how to ensure that I change it correctly on the Logos web site and if possible to change my login.

The only thing that I have found on the Logos web site so far is a link to change my profile which takes me to Faithlife. Is this where I change my email address to change everything?

Thanks in advance.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 26855
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 10 2013 5:04 PM

Yes, you can change your email address... It might be good for you to give customer service a call. 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 6472
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 10 2013 5:04 PM

1. Go to faithlife

2. select the arrow next to your name.

3. Choose Account Settings.

4. On the right hand side you should see a box that gives the option to change your email address.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 1615
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 10 2013 5:38 PM

Thanks for your help!

Peace  Smile

Posts 26855
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 10 2013 5:51 PM

When you do so, your post count will likely reset. You can ask Logos to adjust it manually... or you can have "welcome to the forums" posts from others. That might be nice too. Big Smile

Posts 277
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 10 2013 6:50 PM

Is this action can be change my constomer ID?

2 Peter 3:18  But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Posts 6472
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 10 2013 6:53 PM

Ben:

Possibly, not sure.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 277
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 10 2013 7:01 PM

Lynden Williams:

Ben:

Possibly, not sure.

danger to try

2 Peter 3:18  But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Posts 227
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 11 2013 10:15 AM

Hey Guys,

Just to clarify:
Yes, updating your profile does change your contact and sign-in email for Logos.

No, it does not change your "Customer ID", but that ID is merely a unique identifier for your license in the back end. It should already be linked to your Logos.com account/profile and unless you're still using the old Libronix DLS, there is no reason you should ever need it again or need to change it.

There is no harm in updating your email in your profile. You "Customer ID"  would not be changed. You might liken them to your License Plate VS the VIN number, if you were dealing with a car.

Mike

Faithlife Tech Support
Win Logs|Mac Logs|Training

Posts 1615
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 11 2013 11:06 AM

Thank you to everyone for your input. I think that I understand correctly.

I am understanding that when I update my profile with the new email address that it will only affect things on the Logos web site. But, if I install a fresh copy of Logos on a new computer in the future, I will use the email address and password that I have been using all along and not my new one to sign in to the software.

Furthermore, on my current installation, I won't have to worry about figuring out how to sign out and sign back in with my new email address in order to have my full library licenses.

Does it sound like I have got it figured out? Sorry for being a pain but I just want to make sure that I am doing it correctly so that I have access to my whole library in the future.

Peace  Smile

Posts 227
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 14 2013 11:21 AM

Hey Rick,

When you update your profile email, that becomes your login. Unless you are downgrading to Libronix DLS, you will always use the most currently updated email with any Logos website, service or application.

Mike

Faithlife Tech Support
Win Logs|Mac Logs|Training

Posts 1615
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 14 2013 2:02 PM

Thank you Mike!

Peace  Smile

Posts 1615
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 29 2013 8:28 AM

alabama24:

When you do so, your post count will likely reset. You can ask Logos to adjust it manually... or you can have "welcome to the forums" posts from others. That might be nice too. Big Smile

Alabama, do you by any chance know who to contact or an email address that I can contact to get my post count reset? I have sent an email to the generic address of forums@logos.com but have not received a response for the last couple of weeks. If it doesn't happen its no biggie but it would be nice. Thanks.

Peace  Smile

Posts 26855
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 29 2013 8:42 AM

Rick:
Alabama, do you by any chance know who to contact or an email address that I can contact to get my post count reset?

I don't, but I bet after your post it will magically happen. It just takes a Logos employee to see that you want it done. I bet Bradley or Ray will take care of you. Smile

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS