L4 Lectionary Hard to Use - Revised Layout Hard to Scroll, & Won't Stay When Scrolling Stops

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 19358
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 6:03 PM

Bill Stonebraker:

(And Rosie, I see that being on the road couldn't keep you off the forums!) 

Yeah, I've been stuck in the Chicago airport for almost 6 hours as flights have been delayed and delayed and delayed. Good thing I made a last-minute decision to bring my laptop with me, and there's free WiFi here, and I found an electric outlet that wasn't in use. God obviously meant me to spend some more time on the Logos Forum. I like it when I can attribute things to Providence rather than my own obsession... :-)

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 6:12 PM

Rosie Perera:
Yeah, I've been stuck in the Chicago airport for almost 6 hours as flights have been delayed and delayed and delayed.

The joys of domestic travel in the US!

They want you to hit 1000 posts...

Posts 1669
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 7:49 PM
Dear Bill: Mine has been doing EXACTLY what yours is doing . HELP Steve F

Regards, SteveF

Posts 3752
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 7:51 AM

Stephen Filyer:
Mine has been doing EXACTLY what yours is doing .

Steve,

What kind of hardware are you using? Since you & I are the only 2 "confessing" to the problem, we should probably 1st find out what's similar in our environments.

In the office I'm using a Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 Mouse / Wireless Comfort Keyboard duo (they share a wireless non-bluetooth controller) attached to one port replicator & at home I'm using Microsoft Natural keyboard & Logitech trackball. The laptop has the infamous Synaptics keypad known to have scrolling problems (when trying to use the scroll areas of the touchpads).

As far as I can tell, all the pointing & typing hardware is functioning correctly in every other application but Logos 4 (including Logos 3, Pradis, MS-Office, MS Streets & Trips, MS FrontPage, 8 different photo editing packages, Video Studio, Frontpage, etc.).

My laptop is on Vist 64, 4Gb DRAM, Core 2 Duo (P8400 chipset, 2.26 GHz), 7200rpm SATA, NVIDIA gForce 9200 with 256Mb RAM.

What's your setup?

Bill

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 1669
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 11:07 AM

Bill, mine is pretty "vanilla" compared to yours.

this is a P4 with only one core 2.20 Ghz running on XP Pro Version 2002 with Service Pack 3.

4G (Dual) Ram (over-kill as only 1.96 is addressed) 7200 SATE hard-drive.

Two nVidia 512Mb  video cards. One is in a AGP slot the other a PCI -express 16x etc. (I also used to beta test some games)

I have a USB connected mouse (generic 2 button with the "click wheel" between them) and a USB M$ "Natural" Multimedia Keyboard. They are both plugged into a generic (Staples/Business Depot) USB port.

I have no issues with other software nor with any other Logos resources (except when I delete a collection -- then the whole drawer goes into a "shaking, flying up and down" weird dance -- it even continues after I close and re-open) I have to try to click in it or mov ethe slider bar -- Bradley acknowledged he had at least seem this happen, but I've heard nothing else not seen any one else complain. It still does itthroughout beta and now into 4.0a. 

That is my only other really 'weird" thing besides this other weird lectionary "shuffle."

Regards

Steve

I have not even checked to see if it also does it on the laptop.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 3752
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 9:19 PM

In a related thread (http://community.logos.com/forums/p/7876/62403.aspx#62403), Jon Rumble discovered that unchecking Links to Open Panels in the visual filters will clear up scrolling problems in Church Dogmatics.

I checked, & it also appears to resolve the erratic scrolling I was observing in the RCL.

So far, I'm a happy camper.

Thanks, Jon!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS