Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 63
Bryan Speer | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 16 2013 3:31 PM

I saw a chain suggesting Logos offer the Puritan books from The Banner of Truth Trust.  The chain I saw was over a year ago.  Has there been any progress or is it even a possibility? 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2013 4:09 PM

Bryan Speer:

I saw a chain suggesting Logos offer the Puritan books from The Banner of Truth Trust.  The chain I saw was over a year ago.  Has there been any progress or is it even a possibility? 

I do not know but there are many who want Banner of Truth publications. They would sell well.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2013 4:45 PM

I think it was Mark Barnes who pointed out, quite rightly, that many of BoT offerings are in the public domain. For these titles Logos would not benefit from BoT's catalog as such.

I've been hoping for a while that Logos would put out a BoT's Geneva series

Posts 63
Bryan Speer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2013 6:05 PM

I hear what you are saying but I am not sure I agree with Logos not benefiting.  Having these books in a scanned in 20mb PDF or spread out on separate web pages is not nearly as valuable as having them in a searchable Logos format. 

Logos has published other public domain books.

I think an offering of this series would go production in less than a week.

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2013 6:17 PM

The upshot is that Logos does not need any of BoT's labours or goodwill for those titles.

$ $ $

Posts 830
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:54 PM

Yes, but a Logos version of the BoT Magazine archive would be nice.

JRS has left the building.

Posts 3703
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 29 2014 11:23 AM

The archives of the Magazine would be great. Subscribed years ago, but would kill (metaphorically speaking) for the whole batch.

mm.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS