Reduce amount of information diplay in timeline

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 87
Stephen Kao | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 18 2013 3:39 AM

Hi

I tried to use the time line to get an idea about what happened during divided kingdom period in Bible history.

I want to see all the prophets and Kings only in the timeline, so I can see for example Isaiah's career is during which kings in the Southern and Northern Kingdom and are there any other prophets lived in the same period of time.

I think all those are in the timeline but there are too much information been displayed, is there a way to reduce the amount of information. 

Thanks and God bless
Stephen

Posts 9566
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 18 2013 3:54 AM

Stephen Kao:
I think all those are in the timeline but there are too much information been displayed, is there a way to reduce the amount of information. 

Stephen, the good news is that what you are asking is easy. When you have the timeline window open look in the upper right corner and you will find the words All and Biblical. Just click on Biblical and only items from the Bible will show.

Hope that helps.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 87
Stephen Kao | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 20 2013 1:13 AM

Thanks Bruce, I tried that before already, and it reduce too much, i.e. it will not show me me  how long Isaiah live, it only give me an event in the time line.

God blessStephen

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 20 2013 1:36 AM

Stephen Kao:
I want to see all the prophets and Kings only in the timeline, so I can see for example Isaiah's career is during which kings in the Southern and Northern Kingdom and are there any other prophets lived in the same period of time.

You may have some more specific timelines in your library. Enter type:timeline into your library filter to see them. There is one of Israel's Kings, and another for Old Testament Prophets.

Posts 87
Stephen Kao | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 20 2013 3:01 AM

Thanks Mark, but what I am after is have those Israel's King and Old Testament Prophets all together, is there such timeline available as Logos resource?

In the meantime I think I just need to open up the two resources and adjust the zoom to lineup the event.

God bless
Stephen

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 20 2013 4:32 AM

Stephen Kao:
is there such timeline available as Logos resource?

I did an image search for israel king prophet, selecting Charts, Diagrams and Table as the image type, and came across three such charts in my library:

With slightly broader search criteria, I also found:

Posts 9566
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 20 2013 4:38 AM

Mark Barnes:

Stephen Kao:
is there such timeline available as Logos resource?

I did an image search for israel king prophet, selecting Charts, Diagrams and Table as the image type, and came across three such charts in my library:

Great idea Mark. My mind was stuck in thinking how to use the Logos timeline more effectively.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 87
Stephen Kao | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 20 2013 11:52 PM

Thanks Mark for point me to those resources and learn something new as well (I can do a graph, table, etc search in Logos)

Unfortunately I only have The Bible Knowledge Commentary and New Bible Dictionary in my library, so cannot open the other two resources. But at less that is a start to get me going.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS