Copy/Paste to new Pages app on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks Not Working

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26
Jason Fletcher | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 23 2013 12:26 PM | Locked

I used to be able to select text in Logos and when I copied it into a Pages document it would create a footnote and give me the reference. After upgrading to OS X 10.9 and the new Pages app (5.0 (1465)), it no longer creates the footnote. It still works with Microsoft Word for Mac (14.3.8). Any ideas on how to get this working again in Pages?

Posts 29810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 1:03 PM

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer. I should point out, however, that this forum is for Logos 4, and not Logos 5. If you are still running Logos 4, you should update to the free L5 engine. See the link in my signature line. If you mistakenly posted in this forum, please check out the L5 forum (which is not platform specific). There are at least a couple threads related to this issue.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 26
Jason Fletcher | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 1:26 PM

Thanks, didn't catch that-I am using Logos 5. Feel free to delete this post in case I'm not able.

Posts 62
George W Raduano | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 24 2013 6:49 PM

Seems to work fine for me with the same versions you are using.

Posts 64
Obed Matus | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2013 10:15 AM

George,

How are you copying and pasting?  I have the latest version of logos 5, the latest version of Mavericks and the latest version of pages.  And when I do command+C on logos and then command+V on pages, only the text is copied, the footnote is not copied.  Can you explain how you do it?

Thanks.

Posts 1929
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2013 10:21 AM

I don't know if this is what George is doing, but if you copy and paste as plain text, the citation appears after the quote (but not in a footnote).

See here: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/76735/537248.aspx#537248

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS