Updating Logos when installed on Mulitple computers

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Matthew Hinson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 24 2013 8:43 PM

I have a desktop and a laptop from which I work and need Logos to be installed. So I followed the instructions on installing Logos to multiple computers here: http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers. The laptop contains the original install while the desktop contains the secondary install. I followed method 2, and all seems well. All of my resources are in place, and no downloading or indexing of resources was necessary. However, I had some additional questions concerning how my program and resources would be updated on the desktop since the method specifically instructed me to uncheck “Automatically Download Updates”. Do I need to tell Logos to update after I have noticed the primary install on the laptop has updated? Do I need to copy the same folders (Data, Documents, Users) or some combination thereof after I notice an update on the primary install? Is there some other way to accomplish an up to date secondary install? I would appreciate any help that would allow me to keep both installs up to date and running properly.

Posts 28007
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 25 2013 4:52 AM

Matthew Hinson:
Do I need to tell Logos to update after I have noticed the primary install on the laptop has updated? Do I need to copy the same folders (Data, Documents, Users) or some combination thereof after I notice an update on the primary install?

You can change the setting (in Program Settings) after installation but you will always receive a notification that updates are available. The advantage over Automatically downloading is that you can ignore the download and let it happen when you are ready e.g. because of the indexing.

If a major download occurs on the laptop you can use its resource folder to update the desktop (or vice versa) as shown in Method 3 of that wiki (step 3 on).

Matthew Hinson:
Is there some other way to accomplish an up to date secondary install?

No, because a horrendous download will occur! The setting can be easily changed afterward as noted above.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS