Search Forum Topics

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 37
Nelson R. Pardee | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 26 2013 3:05 PM

Is there any way to search the forum topics and not the contents? For example, I would like to find all of the topics with "layout" in the title (or if it's now just search the topic and/or tags), return a list of the topics, not the individual posts, which can be awfully long.

Posts 27018
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 26 2013 5:20 PM

There is a search box at the upper right of the forum pages but many of us use Google with the site option

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 37
Nelson R. Pardee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 26 2013 5:31 PM

I'm well aware of that search box, but it searches both the topic and the text in each post. I would like to limit the search to the topic. And, yes, I use Google with the site option, but can you tell me how that helps me do what I want to do? And it would be useful to search based on just the topic and the tag. AND to more often get the "more search options" link along side the navigation list for pages returned.

Posts 2133
LogosEmployee

If you do search on google you can specify an option to only search the page title. Since the forum topics are in the page title, this should help limit the results to something useful. For example the following google search will find just this topic: allintitle: search forum topics site:community.logos.com

Posts 18757
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 28 2013 10:20 AM

You can also search for a phrase in the title using Google as follows:

intitle:"search forum topics" site:community.logos.

Posts 37
Nelson R. Pardee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 28 2013 3:45 PM

Andrew & Rosie- that's definitely helpful. I use the site: search often, but hadn't explored others such as intitle. Thank you! Hey, Logos, if we could do it directly in the forum, the results would be more readable and in my opinion, more usable.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS