English Standard Version Audio HAS ARRIVED

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 902
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 26 2013 4:20 PM

In case you missed the splash screen notification or the Logos update tooltips: The ESV Audio resource is here!  My admiration and appreciation to the Logos crew, publisher, narrator, et al for a significant addition to my library.  A couple of notes from my perspective:

• The "nuclear strike" marker as each verse is narrated, vs. the LEB gray bouncing ball beneath each word is both distracting and oddly unsynchronized.  I.E., the flash occurs a second or so after the narrator has started reading the verse, and occasionally blips the screen on several words throughout the verse ala the old Missile Command video game.
  • The choice of narrator is likely not left up to Logos, but the absence of continuity with Marv in the LEB is certainly noticeable.  Initially, I wasn't much of a fan, but the several subvocalizations when the text alternates between speakers is at least mildly amusing (ref. the voice of Jesus in Mark 1-9 for example, etc.).

Now, please don't take my critique as being, well, critical.  I really am very very please with the direction at Logos of adding an audio component to books; and the ESV being read by Mr. Heath is a VAST improvement over the stock MS Anna voice [This spot reserved for Apple aficionado's obligatory commercials)

So!  Thank you Logos for a substantive (and personally meaningful) addition to the library!

--Mark  

"I read dead people..."

Posts 452
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 26 2013 4:34 PM

Brother Mark:
The "nuclear strike" marker as each verse is narrated, vs. the LEB gray bouncing ball beneath each word is both distracting and oddly unsynchronized.

The bouncing gray ball is still available, it just has to be turned on. In the resource menu under "narrators" there's a options that reads "show word by word indicator." Check it, and you're good to go.

Posts 902
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 26 2013 4:38 PM

Sweet!  Thanks for the heads-up bro!

"I read dead people..."

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 27 2013 5:38 AM

Thank you Logos! This is a great freebie. Very much appreciated.

Posts 36
Maria V.Garrido | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 3 2014 4:43 PM

Does this work only with the ESV?

My 'show word by word indicator' is grayed, for example, in The Outline Bible. 

Posts 8133
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 3 2014 5:14 PM

Maria V.Garrido:

Yes, it only works with the ESV -- "ESV Audio" Wink

Si, solo funciona con la version ESV - "ESV Audio" Wink The wink is in Spanish lol

DAL

Posts 29471
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 3 2014 5:31 PM

Maria V.Garrido:

My 'show word by word indicator' is grayed, for example, in The Outline Bible. 

It only works with bibles if their is an audio book associated with it. At this time, the ESV & LEB. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 62
Geoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 4 2014 12:54 PM

Does the ESV audio bible work with the Logos app if it were downloaded ahead of time to be used while offline?

Posts 2988
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 4 2014 1:06 PM

No it's only streaming ath this time as far as I have been able to determine

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 743
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 4 2014 1:37 PM

Geoff:

Does the ESV audio bible work with the Logos app if it were downloaded ahead of time to be used while offline?

According to ESV Hear the Word Audio Bible:  “This product is available for streaming only and cannot be stored on your device. A reliable internet connection is required for use.”

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 173
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 4 2014 2:03 PM

Scott E. Mahle:

Geoff:

According to ESV Hear the Word Audio Bible:  “This product is available for streaming only and cannot be stored on your device. A reliable internet connection is required for use.”

The Free Download from Christian Audio for the month of January 2014 is the ESV Hear the World Audio Bible.  Here is the link:  http://christianaudio.com/free/    I wonder if it will be possible to link to your Itunes version when using the Read Aloud option.  It would be nice so that we can use it while working offline. 

Posts 62
Geoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 4 2014 9:11 PM

Thanks for the link. It does look like a download so I think it will work. Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS