Logo's 5 UpGrade Crash

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8
| Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 29 2013 7:56 AM

Logos UpDate, Version Running is  Logos 5.1b SR1. Logos Update repeatedly crashes when trying to install the update. The top tool bar loads the update and says it is ready to install. Then when I approve the update, it immediately locks up the update app and I have to force quit the update. This was happening on mountain lion and also still happens on maverick. I thought OS X 10.9 Maverick may correct it. However It has been happening since I upgraded to L5. 

Software  OS X 10.9 (13A603)

Processor  2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory  8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics  AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB

Posts 30473
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 29 2013 8:27 AM

Try downloading and installing the engine via the "install" link in my signature line. If you still have troubles after doing a manual update, please enable and post logs. See my signature line for help with that as well.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 8
| Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 29 2013 6:19 PM

Thanks for the Info. I have only used Logos a couple of years. Many things i do not understand about L5. I have reinstalled the app a couple of times to fix this. Is the L5 app what you mean by engine? I have removed the version 4 and installed 5 from scratch too. I also was unable to find the logs. Thanks for your help.

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2013 5:15 AM

132936:
I also was unable to find the logs.

Follow the link in my signature. Then download and install the Logos-produced Logging Utility, and you will not need to search for the log files. The utility will place them on the desktop. From there you can attach them to a post in the forum.

Posts 8
| Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2013 5:54 AM

Here are the logs. After installing the loving utility Logos locked up the next time I used it to recreate the error. It now locked up the app too. Gerrr!

I am regretting the ug to L5, i have had nothing but problems since.

Thanks for your help!

Tim

2654.LogosLogs.Tim.20131030-084343.zip

Posts 30473
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2013 6:31 AM

132936:
Here are the logs.

Something isn't right with the logs. Was Logos running when you turned on the utility app? 

132936:

After installing the loving utility Logos locked up the next time I used it to recreate the error. It now locked up the app too. Gerrr!

There isn't anything wrong with L5 & 10.9. There is something wrong, however, with your installation. The issue could be Logos, 10.9, your computer, or a combo of the three.

132936:
I have reinstalled the app a couple of times to fix this. Is the L5 app what you mean by engine? I have removed the version 4 and installed 5 from scratch too.

Your logs indicate an out of date version. Did you not take my advice to download the engine (L5 app) again? Also, what do you mean that you "installed  5 from scratch"? In all likelihood, all you did was delete the app from the applications folder and reinstall the engine... which is NOT the same thing as doing a new install "from scratch." Your resources, index files, db files, etc. are stored elsewhere.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 8
| Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2013 9:01 AM

The issue happened on mountain lion, ever since L5 was installed. I called Logos support after the first few lockups. They talked me through removing logos " all versions" from my mac. Then I reinstalled it from scratch. It still locked up with the update icon appears at the top of the tool bar. Now that i have been reading the blogs on this site it appears many other people are having the same issue. So I thought maybe installing 10.9 would solve the issue. No it still does the same thing, after hours of downloading the library several times.

Posts 1
WinkEye | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2013 11:38 AM

Support helped me with this one. The fix was too complicated for me to understand or I would share it with you. System files and the like were at fault. Thanks to everyone for their help, I think they have this corrected now. Have a Great one!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS