Logos 4.0a RC 2 available for testing

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2009 11:35 PM

It worked! Right as Christmas had started in Jerusalem, it finished indexing and it now opens without indexing immediately. Thanks again, Dave! I was surprised to see you were online on Christmas Eve (or was it Christmas!!!), but boy, was I glad!

Merry Christmas!

Charlene

Posts 26973
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2009 11:56 PM

Charlene:
Thanks again, Dave! I was surprised to see you were online on Christmas Eve (or was it Christmas!!!), but boy, was I glad!

You're welcome!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3195
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 12:19 PM

Thank you! But you see if I do not have any response from the Logos ,I thought the more I repeated it ,they would respond,I have used the suggestion too,but up to now I have not received positive answer ,keeping reminding  them may perhaps helps me.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 16
Robert Austell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 2:28 PM

Melissa Snyder:

John Fidel:

I ran this last night on my laptop, that was running RC1 with no problems. This morning my desktop running SR7 I get a Runtime Error. This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please advise. Note: I have the Logos 4 files in a custom directory if that makes any difference.

Hi John,

We are looking into this problem. Meanwhile, you should be able to successfully install RC2 after deleting the Install folder in the Logos 4 directory.

Thanks,
Melissa

Melissa, I am also having the same problem, though it started with RC1... I tried installing RC2 to see if that might correct the problem.  It did not. 

The only possible thing I know of is that I did prior to the problem (started a week or so ago) was to uninstall Windows Messenger and some other programs trying to get rid of a call to "switch identities" screen that has been popping up.  My thought is I might have deleted some Windows component that allows updating/networking/connection in the background.  I have the .net upgrades and Win XP service packs through the most current.

Any ideas?

Robert

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 2:40 PM

RobertAustell:

Melissa, I am also having the same problem, though it started with RC1... I tried installing RC2 to see if that might correct the problem.  It did not. 

The only possible thing I know of is that I did prior to the problem (started a week or so ago) was to uninstall Windows Messenger and some other programs trying to get rid of a call to "switch identities" screen that has been popping up.  My thought is I might have deleted some Windows component that allows updating/networking/connection in the background.  I have the .net upgrades and Win XP service packs through the most current.

Robert,

Have you tried deleting the Install folder in the Logos 4 directory?  Are you able to run and install Windows Updates, such as recent security or other critical updates? Have you recently installed any Internet security software that might be conflicting?

Melissa

Posts 16
Robert Austell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 3:41 PM

Melissa Snyder:

RobertAustell:

Robert,

Have you tried deleting the Install folder in the Logos 4 directory?  Are you able to run and install Windows Updates, such as recent security or other critical updates? Have you recently installed any Internet security software that might be conflicting?

Melissa

The install folder in the Logos 4 directory was empty... but I've deleted it.  Should it have been empty?

I am able to run and install Windows updates, and am current.

Tried turning off all security software; no effect.

Do you think it would help to uninstall Logos 4 and re-install?  Or does it seem like a Windows problem?  Any luck with others (like the one you responded to on this thread) who had the same error message?

Robert

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 3:49 PM

It would be best to get a log file from you. Run the EnableLogging script in the last paragraph on this page: http://www.logos.com/L4/Support/DiagnosticLogging, run the setup again and after it fails, attach the logs found in '\My Documents\Logos Log Files' to this thread.

You may also want to contact Customer Support at 800-875-6467, from 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST Mon-Fri, so a technician can work with you by phone.

Posts 16
Robert Austell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 4:18 PM

Melissa Snyder:

It would be best to get a log file from you. Run the EnableLogging script in the last paragraph on this page: http://www.logos.com/L4/Support/DiagnosticLogging, run the setup again and after it fails, attach the logs found in '\My Documents\Logos Log Files' to this thread.

You may also want to contact Customer Support at 800-875-6467, from 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST Mon-Fri, so a technician can work with you by phone.

Melissa, first THANK YOU for your help and such a quick response!  I e-mailed the logfile to tech support, but will try to post here as well.  The last two lines of the logfile look like the key part to me...

2010-02-09 19:13:35.9218    5    Info    WebServiceClient    (665ms) Calling GetLicensesData.
2010-02-09 19:13:35.9687    1    Info    AppStartupModel    Licenses are changing; shutting down indexer (if running).

Somehow the call for getting the license data caused the shut down?

Here's my attempt to attach the logfile here:

4747.Logos4.log

Robert

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 4:27 PM

Looks like you have the 4.0b Beta 7 installed. It's shutting down the Indexer, not necessarily the program. Is that the only log file in the Logos Log File folder? The problem in the thread that I had responded to previously was installing an update to Logos 4. Is the problem you're seeing that the program won't open? Does it crash when loading the home page?

Thanks,
Melissa

Posts 16
Robert Austell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 4:34 PM

Melissa Snyder:

Looks like you have the 4.0b Beta 7 installed. It's shutting down the Indexer, not necessarily the program. Is that the only log file in the Logos Log File folder? The problem in the thread that I had responded to previously was installing an update to Logos 4. Is the problem you're seeing that the program won't open? Does it crash when loading the home page?

Thanks,
Melissa

I installed the 4.0b Beta 7 this afternoon in an effort to get different results.  But I've had the problem for a week.  I get the runtime error when it goes to sign me in - so I never make it to the home page.  I did just try starting the program offline and that was successful.  The full (and only) logfile is linked completely in the previous post... I just copied and pasted the last two lines because they seemed to indicate the error (to my untrained eye).  The full logfile is much longer.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 10 2010 1:29 PM

Since it works offline, you might try configuring any Internet security software or firmware (firewalls, anti-virus) to give Logos4.exe both incoming and outgoing Internet access.

Posts 16
Robert Austell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 10 2010 2:28 PM

Melissa Snyder:

Since it works offline, you might try configuring any Internet security software or firmware (firewalls, anti-virus) to give Logos4.exe both incoming and outgoing Internet access.

Thanks for responding, Melissa.  I turned off the firewall and all security and it still crashed, so I don't think that was the problem.  After being on hold with tech support this morning and having to leave, I decided to just un-install Logos4 and start over from scratch.  It has now re-installed and started up and is indexing, so it appears to have corrected the problem.  It's a long solution with my size library, but I'll take it! 

Thanks for all your help!

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS