Page 3 of 4 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 74 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 24935
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 27 2014 5:35 AM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):
To the best of our knowledge, an inability to contact LDLS3 services is a client-side issue.

It's recently changed as described, but nothing is different on my side.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 27
Anthony Barrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 27 2014 6:42 AM
Definitely something it's changed on Logos part. Please admit it! At least we can have an official statement for all who still uses Libronix. "From today, you'll can't sync your license anymore. Please do this or do that." That's a shame! I didn't changed anything on my side either. Dave can you sync or it's just like yesterday?
Posts 8017
LogosEmployee

Dave Hooton:
but nothing is different on my side.

Did you install the most recent MS security updates? IE (all versions, all OSes) was recently patched to fix almost 60 security vulnerabilities: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/ms14-jun.aspx 

We can't rule out that one of these patches (to IE or MSXML) broke web service calls in Libronix DLS.

Posts 27
Anthony Barrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 27 2014 11:25 AM
From the log (XP VM/IE8): "0x924 utility.dll Debug WebService Checking 3 web services; 0x924 utility.dll Warning WebService Web service 'CustomerServices' has no associated WSDL URL; 0x924 utility.dll Warning WebService Web service 'LicenseServices' has no associated WSDL URL; 0x924 utility.dll Warning WebService Web service 'ProductServices' has no associated WSDL URL". What that means?
Posts 27
Anthony Barrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 28 2014 12:21 PM
Dave, have you find a solution?
Posts 24935
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 29 2014 2:31 PM

Anthony Barrett:
Dave, have you find a solution?

I installed a cumulative security update for IE9 on 24 June. This may have affected Libronix's Licence Sync as I reported on 27 June, so you could try a rollback if you also installed that update (I don't need Libronix to Sync for my purposes!).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 20 2014 10:00 AM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):
We can't rule out that one of these patches (to IE or MSXML) broke web service calls in Libronix DLS.

Suspect something changed in network router configuration and/or Libronix license server.

For grins, opened Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702 to https://www.logos.com/support/windows/L3/updatelogging in a Windows XP SP 3 virtual machine running in Virtual Box 4.3.12 r93733 on OS X 10.8.5 that repeated Libronix 3.0g error while attempting to synchronize licenses.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 24935
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 20 2014 5:15 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Suspect something changed in network router configuration and/or Libronix license server.

Or Virtual Box's virtual network card!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 20 2014 9:46 PM

Dave Hooton:

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Or Virtual Box's virtual network card!

Puzzling that Virtual Box network connection worked for https connection to www.logos.com while Libronix 3.0g license synchronization fails.

Also puzzling are HTTP 1.1 301 Moved Permanently replies from www.libronix.net and www.logos.com during Libronix 3.0g license sync plus suspected TCP Retransmission packets from www.libronix.net and www.logos.com for gwha and checksum.

FYI: used Virtual Box network connection to download WireShark.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 24935
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 21 2014 12:36 AM

Which suggests it is not network related at your end; which was my real point (!) e.g. Libronix Update works in IE9/Win7, IE8/Win XP but Synchronize Licences does not work on either system. It had worked on both prior to April this year and i now found it does not work in Win XP with a version of IE8 that has not been updated in 2014 and I installed a fresh copy of Libronix from the Logos-provided zip file.

This strongly suggests the problem is on Logos' end, probably from updates on their server.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 27
Anthony Barrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 21 2014 12:48 AM
So maybe a guru from the lost world of Libronix will fix this problem? I'm guessing it's not big deal and time and/or money consuming...
Posts 27
Anthony Barrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 21 2014 12:51 AM
Or should we talk of incompetence?
Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 25 2014 8:12 AM

Anthony Barrett:
Or should we talk of incompetence?

I was thinking patience. But hey, toematoe toemahto.

Frankly, from the perspective of an L5 user, I would rather they not distract themselves from finishing L5. The userbase for L3 is increasingly small, and the upgrade to L5 is well worth it in my experience & free.

But hey, seriously don't hold your breath for an update to a product they said wouldn't be updated any more.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 2331
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 12 2014 5:06 PM

Dave Hooton:
I'm now getting the message "You must be connected to the internet for this action to succeed" in a Tip window after trying Synchronise Licences. Is this what you are getting?

I'm getting the same message.  I know Libronix is able to connect to the internet because just was able to do the "Libronix Update", but when I try to sync my resources I get the message "You must be connected to the internet..."

Posts 167
Nick Highland | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 14 2014 12:52 PM

I'm in the same boat as Ronald and many others.

Posts 24935
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 14 2014 5:14 PM

As I doubt it will be fixed you should ensure you have a manual backup via Backup Licences...

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 78
Kelvin Chiu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 17 2014 9:27 AM

Any update of the license sync issue? Yesterday I did a license sync but it failed.

Update has no problem but license sync.

Thanks in advance.

Posts 10178
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 17 2014 10:55 AM

Well, Kelvin.  I don't know if you remember but the Logos natives shut down selling Libronix books back in early 2010.  At least per Bob, they got over-ruled.  I doubt the natives are going to be too happy fixing it this time around.  I easily imagine smoke rising from the large Bellinghame fire, Libronix tied to a pole above the fire and squealing, the drums loudly pounding, the sounds of cheeta's and lions in the background, and the natives happily celebrating.  At last!  We killed it!

Posts 24935
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 17 2014 3:56 PM

Kelvin Chiu:
Any update of the license sync issue?

As I wrote above, it won't be fixed! You have to remember that Libronix (and Logos 4!) is no longer supported.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 78
Kelvin Chiu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 17 2014 9:37 PM

Yes, I don't think they will fix this issue but I want to figure it out which MS update causes the problem.

Page 3 of 4 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS