New Download for Mac...How Long will this take?

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 43
Larry Sterling Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 11 2013 6:58 AM

Ok...finally got through to Support at Logos...the "preparing to download" screen should not take longer than 15 minutes.  If it does, then delete the installation and start over.  When I did that, it fixed my problem.  Now I have the little logos icon at the top of my screen that tells me my status of download.  So there was a problem in the installation.

Posts 30054
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 11 2013 7:48 AM

Good to hear. Sorry you had so much trouble with it. Thanks for letting us know so that others might not have to suffer as long. Tongue Tied

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 57
Pavel Kostecka | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 10:20 PM

Hello

I battle with a similar problem. I encountered severe software issue resulting in inability to login to the account on my Mac. Finally, I deleted old account and created new with different name (situation similar to fresh OS installation). Everything OK, the only problem is Logos. After signing in the program stays even overnight in "Preparing for Download" with CPU heavily used but neglected disk operations. What to do with that?

13-inch Mid-2009 MBP, 2,53 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD (over 250 GB free space), 8 Mbit Internet. Installed Maverick and Logos 5.2 SR-1. Library app. 2800+ titles. In disk utility I let permissions checked and repaired.

The only I can provide is that form Loggin folder7802.LogosError.log

Posts 10866
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2013 3:04 AM

Pavel Kostecka:
The only I can provide is that form Loggin folder7802.LogosError.log

Pavel, you can supply more complete logs by following the link in my signature, or in Bama's just above your post.

Posts 57
Pavel Kostecka | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2013 8:35 AM

Jack, following your instruction, I downloaded Logging Utility, enabled logging and started Logos again (for the fifth or sixth time). Surprisingly, suddenly, it works a and starts downloading  11 GB of my resources. The only thing  changed is that I enabled logging. 

Maybe this is a gift of my Lord in comming Blessed Sabbath. Big Smile

Posts 10866
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2013 8:56 AM

Pavel Kostecka:
The only thing  changed is that I enabled logging. 

Seems that happened to me manny beta cycles ago Geeked In any case, pleased that your system is now working.

Posts 9
John Mabee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2013 1:21 PM

Larry Sterling Jr.:

Ok...finally got through to Support at Logos...the "preparing to download" screen should not take longer than 15 minutes.  If it does, then delete the installation and start over.  When I did that, it fixed my problem.  Now I have the little logos icon at the top of my screen that tells me my status of download.  So there was a problem in the installation.

Hi Larry,

You got a response from Support?  I have the same issue and reporting it has netted zero help.  When you say delete the installation, what exactly did you delete?  I have downloaded the installation file three times with the same results.  Any details will be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Posts 9
John Mabee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2013 1:35 PM

Wow!  I guess 4th or 5th time is the secret!  Finally got past the screen and now downloading resources!

John

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS