Do I have to have the IVP CD sent to me ($) while it is downloaded in L4?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 351
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 22 2009 9:06 AM

I would love to buy the IVP Reference Collection. But do I really have to have the CD sent to me while all of the resources will be downloaded automatically in Logos4. Priority mail costs me another 27 dollar, that is too much for a CD I will not use because the resources will be downloaded. Correct me if I am wrong. So, is there a way to buy the IVP for this discount and using it in Logos 4 without having to have the CD sent to me...saving me money?!

Did someone call customer service already with this question? 

Luuk

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 9:16 AM

Based on what I have read, if you call CS and order, I believe they can unlock the order over the phone and you can avoid the shipping.  

The transition from the old way to the new will take some time, and this is the kind of thing that has yet to get streamlined I suppose.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 9:18 AM

If you call Logos and order direct from them, they can activate the product for you. Once it's done, you can just type "update now" to get your resources.

They don't advertise the service as it's labour-intensive - they have to physically get hold of a boxed product, find the serial number, manually key it into their system against your ID, then dispose of the boxed product. But if you ask nicely they may oblige.... Big Smile

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 1145
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 12:28 PM

After all, if they are not there to actually serve the customer, then why are they called customer service?   Angel

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 2:12 PM

I asked for that because I already had the files from the FTP, but I was told they couldn't do that because it was a 3rd party item.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 84
Nigel Cunningham | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 2:23 PM

I've just rung Logos and successfully ordered it over the phone, without requiring the shipping. I spoke with Jim in Sales and told him other people were interested, so he won't be surprised if he gets more calls! If you get someone else, it might help to tell them that Jim contacts a tech person upstairs who gave him a serial number he could use.

Hope that helps!

Nigel

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS