How Extensively Do You Use Logos 5 in Your Pastoral Ministry?

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 291
Bob Schlessman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2013 4:20 AM
Well, I haven't posted on the forums in quite some time, but here is my two cents worth. I first began using Logos with version 2 over 7 years ago. I can't recall the last time I used a paper book in my sermon prep. I have the Logos copies of all my favorite commentaries and bibles. The languages tools are unparalleled and I have a three monitor setup on which I can easily fit six different books at the same time. I can do so much more in less time than several years ago when I had books sprawled all across the dining room table as I worked on my sermons. It's much neater too. I've recently began packing most of my paper books to move to the church library for use by our members. Most of the congregation are senior citizens who don't even own computers, or they use them very minimally. Hard to imagine, but here in rural Illinois there are still many folks who don't have much use for technology. But for myself, I rely on Logos for about 90% of my work and personal study. The other 10% relates to topics for which Logos has no books, or I don't own them.
Posts 283
Greg Corbin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2013 8:21 AM

It's the 79-95 version.  For the money, it will be one of the most valuable resources in your library. 

Posts 2952
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2013 6:15 PM

I use Logos for about 90% of my Bible Study and Sermon Preparation, which is to say that I use it many times daily.  I study the Scripture passages in Logos, using Logos to do inductive Bible study.  After my sermon / study is about 90% done, I may search outside Logos for the right illustrations, etc.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS