Tim | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 11:28 AM

nothing here yet :-/

Posts 231
Tim | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 12:05 PM

finally resolved. Thank you Logos!

Posts 912
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 12:12 PM

Logos Page says:

• Versions 4.12 introduced a new indication of when a particular piece of analysis is ‘unexpected,’ for example when a pronominal suffix has to be masculine by context, but the form appears to be feminine (a change most common when the word is in the pausal position), it is flagged as an ‘unexpected’ form. This additional tagging of unexpected forms is an on-going process, with each release from 4.12 to 4.18 expanding the tagging of unusual forms.

How do I search this field?

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 12:25 PM

David Knoll:

Logos Page says:

• Versions 4.12 introduced a new indication of when a particular piece of analysis is ‘unexpected,’ for example when a pronominal suffix has to be masculine by context, but the form appears to be feminine (a change most common when the word is in the pausal position), it is flagged as an ‘unexpected’ form. This additional tagging of unexpected forms is an on-going process, with each release from 4.12 to 4.18 expanding the tagging of unusual forms.

How do I search this field?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 3:09 PM

As a first year Greek student who  plans on taking Hebrew classes in the future, and also owns BHS and AFAT, is this something I should invest in now while it's 50% off, or will I be fine with the other Hebrew bibles I own?

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 912
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 4:03 PM

Thanks George! 

But I seem to get no results...

Posts 1952
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 4:23 PM

for those who already own Biblical Hebraica 4.2 ...

Did you purchased it individually before or was it bundle with something else before?

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 4:28 PM

mike:

for those who already own Biblical Hebraica 4.2 ...

Did you purchased it individually before or was it bundle with something else before?

For me, it was part of the L3's OL package.

Posts 9433
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 7:08 PM

mike:

It was in many of the Logos base packages that had language resources (that is, all but the bottom couple of packages). That's how I got my copy.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1952
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 8:45 PM

then to me it losses the value if it was repackaged from something before & now being sold individually ..

50% off seems interesting now, but knowing it was probably much much cheaper being bundled in L3 (maybe less than .25 cents) .. I just couldn't justify the price now.

Posts 9433
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 8:51 PM

mike:
then to me it losses the value if it was repackaged from something before & now being sold individually ..

I don't recall but guess it was always available individually. There is a great deal of effort in creating a resource like this. Lots and lots of tagging, more probably than in something like the Anchor-Yale Bible Dictionary which costs a whole lot more. So I would say that for those who really want this resource and don't have it the introductory pricing is very attractive. For comparison the NA28 is $69.95.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 468
BKMitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 3:20 AM

mike:

I bought it separately long ago and if I did not already own a license for it, I'd gladly buy it again. This is without a doubt my most used database of any kind.

The CCAT project at the University of Pennsylvania began to conceive of  this text in the early 1980's and then after it was official archived at Oxford and software was released in the summer of 1987 further work was done on it and it started becoming a lot more like the text we use today. Keep in mind this was years before Accordance, BibleWorks, and Logos saw the light of day in the early1990's. Meaning this text has a life outside of current commercial software. This textual database has been continuously used and improved for well over 26 years.  And, In my opinion this updated version is worth far more than Logos is currently asking for it.

Anyone, remember the IBYCUS Scholarly Computer? If, so take in mind how much it would have cost to have a PC like that and to have tagged texts of the Greek and Hebrew back then.

חַפְּשׂוּ בַּתּוֹרָה הֵיטֵב וְאַל תִּסְתַּמְּכוּ עַל דְּבָרַי

Posts 519
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 10:15 AM

I also received the email, but the resource is not in my library. Even more strange, when I go to the resource page, I can add it to my cart for $24.95. Where as some previous posters said their "Add to Basket" option was greyed out, mine is not.   Quite strange.

Perhaps it will arrive later?

Posts 9433
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 10:41 AM

Sarel Slabbert:

Sarel, try typing Update Now in the Command Bar, then hit Enter. This will check for updates.

Also double check you show the 4.2 version in your Library.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 188
Si | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 10:58 AM

I don't have Biblia Hebraica Westmonasteriensis in my library, but I do have Biblia Hebraica Suttgartensia: With Westminster Hebrew Morphology (LLS:1.0.201). What is the difference between the BHS with Westminster morphology and BHW 4.2? 

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 10:59 AM

Mark Smith:

Sarel Slabbert:

Sarel, try typing Update Now in the Command Bar, then hit Enter. This will check for updates.

Also double check you show the 4.2 version in your Library.

Try "Update Resources."

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 519
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 11:05 AM

Thanks, but I already tried both "Update Now" and "Update Resources" No luck. I have 4.2 in my library (and they sent me an email also).

Posts 7
LogosEmployee
&#8707; Nic Bone | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 3:35 PM

Sarel, you should now see the new resource in your library, and greyed out on logos.com.  Of the many thousands of customers who own the 4.2 version, there were three (yourself included) who owned it in a way that wasn't accounted for in our initial license update.  I have now remedied this, thanks to your report of the problem.  I apologize for the delay.

Posts 433
Vincent Setterholm | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 7:11 PM

_:

I don't have Biblia Hebraica Westmonasteriensis in my library, but I do have Biblia Hebraica Suttgartensia: With Westminster Hebrew Morphology (LLS:1.0.201). What is the difference between the BHS with Westminster morphology and BHW 4.2? 

That'a the first version we ever released. I can't recall for certain how old it is, but I think it's old enough to vote but not old enough to drink. It was based on version 2.0 of the Westminster data, and was implemented way before we had support for homograph distinctions and good lexicon look-ups. I don't have access to that, but if I remember right it didn't have accents in the surface texts, and the morph tagging has been greatly improved in the intervening years. The 4.18 is a vastly superior beast.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 7:24 PM

Vincent Setterholm:

_:

That'a the first version we ever released. I can't recall for certain how old it is, but I think it's old enough to vote but not old enough to drink. It was based on version 2.0 of the Westminster data, and was implemented way before we had support for homograph distinctions and good lexicon look-ups. I don't have access to that, but if I remember right it didn't have accents in the surface texts, and the morph tagging has been greatly improved in the intervening years. The 4.18 is a vastly superior beast.

I still have it though I don't remember when the last time was that I used it.  It does have niqqud, but no accents.  © 1990.

george
gfsomsel

Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS