Black Screen upon maximizing

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26
Gary McCall | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 19 2013 2:34 PM

When using two monitors, Logos will come up on the main screen entirely black. This also occurs when I try to go from restore down up to a fuller screen, but not yet maximized. I will get the message that Logos has quit working. 

I am using a Dell Vostros along with a HP x20 LED monitor, but it does the blacking out thing on either. This problem occurs even when not using the HP.

Posts 27813
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 4:16 PM

Have you checked for updated video drivers?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 26
Gary McCall | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 6:31 PM

Yes, i had my tech guy do this Sun aft.

Posts 9102
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 7:00 PM

Gary, I haven't heard of anyone else having multiple screen problems. I am assuming you are using a PC since that's what Dell sells, and Logos uses some Microsoft software including  the .NET framework and the WPF foundation for operation. I don't know much about either but it sound like if this is a Logos-only problem, it might be located in .NET or WPF.

You can try repairing the Microsoft .NET framework through the Control Panel. Go to Uninstall or change a program, scroll to Microsoft .NET framework, highlight it, choose Uninstall/change and on the next screen select Repair. See if that will correct the problem. If not, maybe someone else who's encountered this will be along to give you a hand.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 8:41 PM

I have a similar problem, but it happens on any of my three monitors, and is worst on my native screen. Parts of the screen go blank, then come back when I mouse over the area..most of the time. On my native monitor, it was permanently blank. When I moved Logos to a different monitor it crashed. It is normally worst when first loading up, then it will be ok..until I start using it. The moving of panels again causes black outs. Using Logos 5 engine now, but was also occuring in Logos 4

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Lenovo laptop E520 i7-2640M, 2.8GHz 8G Ram, 2G Graphics

Australia

Posts 26
Gary McCall | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 1:06 PM

Thanks, Mark, but it didn't help.

Do you know if there is a setting where you can delay Logos download and indexing to certain days of the week? I am glad to get the updates, but it seems like every day they are downloading material and tying up processing time with indexing!

Posts 9102
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 1:23 PM

Gary McCall:
Do you know if there is a setting where you can delay Logos download and indexing to certain days of the week?

No there isn't. You can only choose the time of day to automatically download updates at this point. See Program Settings.

If you want you can go to manual updating. Turn of automatic updating in Program Settings and the just type Update Now in the Command Bar and hit Enter whenever you have time for downloads.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS