Search this resource

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Fred Clifford | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 19 2013 5:28 PM

What ever happened to "Search this resource" in Logos 5. I'm sure the capability is still there, but it must be called something else. How do I accomplish the same thing in Logos 5 as "Search this resource" in Logos 4? And I don't know how to use L4 once L5 was installed. I really liked that feature of L4, that I could still use L3 for the things L4 didn't do.

Posts 33483
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 5:51 PM

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9528
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 6:24 PM

Fred,

I was gone and has returned in Logos 5.2. Be sure you have the newest version. You access it through Library. In Library, right click on the resource you want to search and select Search this resource.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 6:27 PM

Fred Clifford:

What ever happened to "Search this resource" in Logos 5. I'm sure the capability is still there, but it must be called something else. How do I accomplish the same thing in Logos 5 as "Search this resource" in Logos 4? And I don't know how to use L4 once L5 was installed. I really liked that feature of L4, that I could still use L3 for the things L4 didn't do.

Peace, Fred!           *smile*               MJ just gave you a great assist!        *smile*

Also, you can search from your library, even without opening the book ...   just like in Logos 3.0g    ....   wow!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 6:31 PM

*smile*

Well-done, Mark!             You beat me by a couple of minutes!         *smile*

one more way of searching a particular resource ...

from anywhere in the resource, right-click ...      and follow instructions           , eh???

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 33483
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 6:31 PM

Isn't it great that 3 of us give you 3 different answers - all of which work.Big Smile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 6:33 PM

and were we ever "snappy," eh???              *smile*                             Blessings!

Posts 6
Fred Clifford | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 6:45 PM

I guess I wasn't specific enough. I used to be able to right click on on a word in a Bible, select lemma, then click "search this resource." It is what I used to do with a print concordance. L5 doesn't seem to have this feature. It still has the "Bible Word Study," but I never used that. It is is too much other stuff to filter through. I just wanted to go directly into the word study by "search this resource." Luckily I remembered that I still have L4 on an old computer that isn't compatible with L5. Using older technology shouldn't be the solution, however.

Posts 9528
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 7:26 PM

Fred, not sure that I understand, as L5 has the same functionality on the right click menu that L4 had.

1. Right click on a word in a Bible

2. On the RHS of the panel that opens be sure to choose Lemma.

3. Now select "Search this Reference" from the menu on the LHS of the panel (see below).

4. Search panel opens and conducts the search (see below).

Is this not happening for you?

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS