Whats the best way to use Highlighting?

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 32 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 11:54 AM

Milford Charles Murray:

Yes!         Indeed!                 To the Glory of the Lord!     Yes!                    *smile*

(PS - Your first name has a special meaning for me. I grew up and spent all my formative years in a town called Milford Haven in west Wales!)

Posts 76
John Crupper | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 12:10 PM

Awesome. Thanks. Learned a few things I didn't know about highlights, Faithlife and Logos in general. Really appreciate it!!!

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 12:13 PM

John Crupper:

Awesome. Thanks. Learned a few things I didn't know about highlights, Faithlife and Logos in general. Really appreciate it!!!

Thanks John. I learned quite a few things too! 

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 1:31 PM

Paul-C:

Milford Charles Murray:

Yes!         Indeed!                 To the Glory of the Lord!     Yes!                    *smile*

(PS - Your first name has a special meaning for me. I grew up and spent all my formative years in a town called Milford Haven in west Wales!)

Just went there by Google  .........            will visit that whole region again later this evening ...

To the Glory of the Lord, I've just spent a few moments listening to some fantastic Welsh Choral Music...

I'm not Welsh; however, is there any more beautiful music anywhere???    *smile*            Thanks again, Paul!

Edit:           For those with a bit of time on their hands, you may want to "poke around" this website to behold the works of a great choral group, eh???      *smile*

http://www.morristonorpheus.com/?gclid=CNeXvu7S-5MCFQyR1QodriBMWA

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 1:41 PM

In case this helps anyone else, I'm sharing this new highlighting palette in the faithlife group referenced above:

I created it so that I number important points in a section of text I'm highlighting where the author / formatting of the book hasn't done this already (say where there are several points in a block of text).

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 2:10 PM

Thanks, Paul!                         *smile*                                                                     Psalm 29:11

This MAY or MAY NOT be helpful to me in the future!  I need to determine yet if and when to use them -- and how -- for my needs!                                              Am glad they are available and grateful to you for thinking of your brothers and sisters -- of course!   all!  all!    all!   To the Glory of God!!!

I've found myself frequently using the other icons you shared with us so freely ...........              Peace!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 2:26 PM

That's cool Milford! Glad the others are useful to you! 

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 28 2013 11:13 AM

I love this! I've also added a Herod palette and have more to share... I would love to see what others have to share too! 

Wish we could get those shown on the wiki page too. Document sharing is just so darn cool!

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 28 2013 11:26 AM

Peace, Mike!             *smile*               Thanks for sharing!                        Indeed!                     Cool, yes!

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 28 2013 11:53 AM

Thanks Mike - thankful for your sharing too! Yes

Posts 1363
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 30 2013 8:20 PM

alabama24:

Mike Tourangeau:
Thank you for the replies. A further question. When I read a book and come across something. I highlight (cmd+k) I see that their is a huge file with all of these highlights in it. Is there a way to make a highlight file per book? Or is this redundant?

Yes, and that is what I do... I create one note document per resource. In L5, the behavior for where the highlight note is stored occurs at the pallet level. Right click on the pallet name to pull up the options. 

I don't think I understand this right. I am reading Edwards. I make a note file for Edward's, but when I highlight text it goes to a file called "Solid Colors" How do I adjust what note file it goes to? I am so confused :)

Posts 29717
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 30 2013 8:28 PM

Mike Tourangeau:
I don't think I understand this right. I am reading Edwards. I make a note file for Edward's, but when I highlight text it goes to a file called "Solid Colors" How do I adjust what note file it goes to? I am so confused :)

That is the default behavior. It goes into a note file called "solid colors" because you used a highlighter from the "solid colors" pallet. To change the behavior, you must change the settings within the pallet. Off the top of my head, I believe that you right click to the right of the pallet name in the highlighting tool.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9617
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 1 2013 5:16 AM

alabama24:

Mike Tourangeau:

That is the default behavior. It goes into a note file called "solid colors" because you used a highlighter from the "solid colors" pallet. To change the behavior, you must change the settings within the pallet. Off the top of my head, I believe that you right click to the right of the pallet name in the highlighting tool.

Alabama, you are good with remembering what to do off the top of your head! I too easily forget and have to look it up.

Anyhow I have my highlights set to my preferences by adjusting all the defaults to be in "Most Recent Note File". In addition I am returning to all my notes that were mistakenly diverted to specific palettes and

1. Creating a new note with the name of the resource
  2. Deleting the old highlight
  3. Creating a new highlight that now appears in the new note of the correct resource.

This may sound too picky but the advantages of doing this far outweigh all my highlights being clumped into several large palette files.

Edit: I should add that I can easily scroll through highlights of books that I have read by choosing "annotation" in the drop down menu which will allow me to jump from highlight to highlight to make the changes quickly.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS