Visual Filters - Morphology - Common Nouns with Def. Article

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 29

I want to highlight all the common nouns in the ESV Hebrew Scriptures with the definite article. I've set it up, but I'm not getting any highlighting. I clicked on the little visual filter bubble thing and the highlighting box is ticked.

I've attached a screen shot; I hope it shows up. The setup is:

All Morph Text in All Passages in ESV with Logos Hebrew Morphology for @NC????H Orange.

But I ain't gettin' nuffin.

Bruce

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 3:38 AM

There's nothing that matches in the passage that you're showing in your screenshot. The nearest match would be in Job 1:20.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 29
Bruce Prince | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 10:57 AM

Thanks Mark for you quick response. When I go to Job 1.20, I can't see any definite articles in that verse, and there isn't any word or words that are highlighted, so it's not working there either.

What I'm trying to do is to highlight in the ESV, in orange, common nouns in the Hebrew, that are preceded by the article.

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 11:19 AM

First, triple-check the visual filter really is turned on.

Assuming it is, then try two diagnostic tests:

1. Change the filter so it works in all Bibles, and see if you get anything in other Bibles. Genesis 39:11-18 is a good place to look - there should be five highlights there.
  2. Do this as a morph search rather than a visual filter. Do you get search results then? What if you create the visual filter directly from the search results window?

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 433
Vincent Setterholm | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 8:38 AM

That morph code isn't valid. It had one too many ??s in order to specify the locative he, which is different that the article. You can hover on the term in the search ui to learn more.

Posts 29
Bruce Prince | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2013 10:08 PM

Thanks again, Mark.

I've managed to get the visual filter going on that.

Now, I'm trying to set one, and maybe I should open up a new title because this one dealt with the definite article. I'll title the new message as "Visual Filter - Morphology" to keep it general.

Posts 29
Bruce Prince | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2013 10:10 PM

I think you're right, Vincent.

I shortened it to @NC??C and that seems to sort of work.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS