Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 3
S Wessel | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 21 2013 5:53 AM

After I downloaded my Nestle -Aland 27 Greek NT(my go-to bible) it refuses to open.I just get the error message "Could not open offline resource" along with a "Retry" button that does nothing to help. Other bibles I downloaded work fine. Anyone know what I need to do?

Posts 21914
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 6:00 AM

Hi - and welcome to the forums

S Wessel:
After I downloaded my Nestle -Aland 27 Greek NT(my go-to bible) it refuses to open.I just get the error message "Could not open offline resource" along with a "Retry" button that does nothing to help.

I have just downloaded it to check and it works fine on my phone so its not a general problem with the resource.

• If you remove it can you access it from Logos servers?
  • If so, does it still work if you download it again?

Trying to see whether there was some sort of problem in the download process.

Posts 701
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 6:02 AM
Sometimes this happens on Android, but not a lot. Have you tried restarting you device? Cheers, ChelseaFC

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 23
Ed W. Visser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 8:49 AM

I'm suddenly having the same problem and more. 

First, I can download a resource, such as a bible, view it, etc., but the next session "Could not open offline resource".Yet, these are resources that have also been available to me on android app.

Second, I downloaded "Spirituality of the Psalms but was told, "Missing License for resource", yet, it is licensed and viewable on my laptop.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, rebooted the Galaxy Note 3, removed a resource from android and downloaded again. Today, I'm merely presented with "missing license for resource"

Ideas?

help?

Ed

Posts 1
Mark Batten | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 9:20 PM

I'm experiencing the same problem but with my ESV Bible. Opened and read from it for several weeks just fine but then a few days ago it went offline. Clicking "Retry" does nothing.

Posts 758
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2015 5:56 PM

This happened to me when I moved a downloaded resource to the SD card.  Remove / Download has solved the problem, at least for now.

I also got the impression that this could occur on resources which are not downloaded being accessed on WIFI when the system transitioned to 3G.  This happened when I left the WIFI area.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS