Bible Sense? "Kosmos"

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 149
Timothy Brown | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 23 2013 4:47 PM

Hovering over the word "world" (kosmos) in John 15:18 yields a very strange "Bible Sense" result in the Information Window:

When I open the Bible Sense Lexicon and type "world" I am given the option of "world system" which gives John 15:18 as a reference. "World system" is a reasonable meaning for "kosmos" in John 15:18. "People of the Psalms" is not.

Windows 8.1 64-bit, Core i5-3330, 8GB RAM

Posts 5467
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 23 2013 5:11 PM

The description given indicates that it refers to "people" in the Psalms, not "People of the Psalms". Perhaps there is some sort of thought typo here.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 35581
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 23 2013 5:28 PM

Timothy Brown:
I am given the option of "world system"

Note that "world system" is a subset of "people" i.e. in this case "world" is a figure of speech referring to the humans residing in the world - especially "worldly humans".  I suspect that it should be reported as an error in coding but ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 149
Timothy Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 23 2013 5:53 PM

I just reported it. Thanks for reminding me about that.

Posts 5467
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 23 2013 7:19 PM

I reaffirm...the reference should be to "people" in the Psalms, (i.e. "people" as referenced in the Psalms). The epithet "People of the Psalms" has the unavoidable connotation (indeed, the denotation) of "people who keep, sing, write, or pray the Psalms", which is not what the article is putting forth as the meaning. This is a simple misuse of English phraseology and grammar.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 278
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 23 2013 9:50 PM
Timothy Brown:

I just reported it. Thanks for reminding me about that.

what's your the BSL version?

2 Peter 3:18  But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Posts 149
Timothy Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 24 2013 9:48 AM

I believe the Bible Sense Lexicon is part of the data sets included in Logos 5. I have Logos 5.2, so I assume I have the latest version.

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 25 2013 3:48 PM

MJ. Smith:
Note that "world system" is a subset of "people" i.e. in this case "world" is a figure of speech referring to the humans residing in the world - especially "worldly humans".  I suspect that it should be reported as an error in coding but ...

A case has been created for this issue and assigned to the appropriate person for investigation. 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS