Bug(Mac): Print and Exporting issues

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 21 2014 11:04 AM

Hi LimJK, from looking at your screenshots, it looks like you just need to scroll the preview down - there's a scrollbar on the right side in all of them. Since your monitor/window is smaller than the full page preview, you have to scroll down to see the full page.

Is there an issue beyond this? Are the pages printing correctly?

The only difference I saw between Mac and Windows is that Windows will scale the preview to always fit fully in the screen, while Mac displays the full page size and will instead give a scrollbar at smaller window sizes by default. If you right-click the print preview, you can choose to Automatically Resize which will fit the full page in your window, or just Zoom Out until you can see the full page.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 21 2014 6:14 PM

Dylan Rondeau:

Hi LimJK, from looking at your screenshots, it looks like you just need to scroll the preview down - there's a scrollbar on the right side in all of them. Since your monitor/window is smaller than the full page preview, you have to scroll down to see the full page.

Dylan,

Thank you for your reply Smile. I did not realized that there was a scroll bar on the right side of the preview screen on the previous version until you mentioned it Embarrassed. By the way the visual cue of the scroll bar on the right is not there anymore until you scroll for the current version.

Dylan Rondeau:

Are the pages printing correctly?

Yes, thank you Smile

Dylan Rondeau:

Is there an issue beyond this?

The only difference I saw between Mac and Windows is that Windows will scale the preview to always fit fully in the screen, while Mac displays the full page size and will instead give a scrollbar at smaller window sizes by default. If you right-click the print preview, you can choose to Automatically Resize which will fit the full page in your window, or just Zoom Out until you can see the full page.

Some thoughts:

1. Why not make it CONSISTENT between the Logos Windows and Logos Mac Version?  
  2. I thought the purpose of the Preview page is to help user see if the FORMATTING is what we expect before we print. That is why Logos scale the page in the first place, so what I do not understand is, why not scale it all the way to fit a full page, why leave a few lines hidden for user to scroll Sad
  3. Also, If I recalled correctly all the other Apps that I used that has a preview for printing, they will always show the (WYSIWYG what you see is what you get) Full Page scaled within the page for Windows and Mac. Just to name a few: Word, Pages, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Preview, etc.

Therefore, I was not expecting that I need to scroll to see a preview page Smile

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Posts 10548
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 21 2014 7:05 PM

LimJK:

Dylan Rondeau:

Dylan,

Thank you for your reply Smile. I did not realized that there was a scroll bar on the right side of the preview screen on the previous version until you mentioned it Embarrassed

That explains why I could  not confirm your bug report. I was viewing it on a 27" iMac.

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 22 2014 12:29 AM

Jack Caviness:

That explains why I could  not confirm your bug report. I was viewing it on a 27" iMac.

Smile I shall not covet my neighbor's 27" Screen Smile

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Posts 117
Murray W | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 22 2014 3:56 AM

On the subject of Mac printing, is there a way to get Logos to default to A4 for those of us outside the US?

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 22 2014 10:02 AM

Murray Woolnough:

On the subject of Mac printing, is there a way to get Logos to default to A4 for those of us outside the US?

Good luck! I reported the fact that Logos doesn't remember my choice as a bug over two years ago, and nothing has happened yet...

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 22 2014 7:13 PM

fgh:

Murray Woolnough:

Good luck! I reported the fact that Logos doesn't remember my choice as a bug over two years ago, and nothing has happened yet...

+1

Interestingly on the same Print & Export Screen, the Margin type (Normal, Narrow, etc ) selection is remembered Yes.  It will be great if Logos can remember the Paper Size too. 

The "discrimination" of "A4" vs "US Letter" paper size has been there since the days of good old Libronix Sad 

The "A4" vs "US Letter" issue also happened within the Apps / Reports.  As an example in those days when there was this nice Printing of Flash Card function.  The layout of 8 or 10 flash cards per page does not consider the existence of A4 paper Sad the issue disappeared with the disappearance of that function.  Hopefully this will be dealt with some time. I think I reported it in 2009 or much earlier.

JK

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 1:20 PM

fgh:

Murray Woolnough:

The case for this is still active, but has recently been "bumped" to reconsider the timeline. We'll update the thread when it is fixed.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 117
Murray W | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2016 10:53 PM

Well, it's obviously on the high priority list? Wink

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS