Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 41 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 92
LogosEmployee
James Van Noord (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 25 2013 10:39 PM

Version 4.0.2 of the following apps are now available in the App Store:

Biblia
Vyrso

Logos, Faithlife Study Bible and Verbum will be available early next week.

Fixed
- Force library search field to not autocapitalize
- Changing selection color and selection handle image for iOS7
- Fixed numerous stability issues
- Fixed Word Lookup styling
- Fixed issue of a note scrolling off the screen when trying to edit it
- Fixed crash when removing all of Today’s Readings
- Fixed numerous Spanish phrases
- Fixed a crash when typing in some Bible references (especially ones with ranges)
- Disabled vertical scrolling on the iPhone when the tab bar is visible

Improved
- Updated Facebook SDK to 3.10
- Twitter is now available, even for those who haven't yet logged in via the Settings app
- Typographical modifications to the home page
- Shortening the delay between tapping on the Read tab and the menu going away
- Showing a Done button when editing a note
- Tapping on links in Lexham High Definition resources will show information
- Preferred Bible chooser shows faster and doesn’t freeze the app

Posts 24912
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 25 2013 10:53 PM

James Van Noord:
Version 4.0.1 of the following apps are now available in the App Store:

I can't see these apps in the store from the UK.

Posts 92
LogosEmployee
James Van Noord (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 25 2013 11:02 PM

Thanks for the report, Graham. It's taking a few minutes longer to make them available this time around, apparently. The apps are still in the "Processing for App Store" stage, which I thought would have been completed by now. Hoping they'll all be available within the next 15 minutes.

Posts 5807
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 25 2013 11:15 PM

James Van Noord:
Version 4.0.1 of the following apps are now available in the App Store:

James is iOS7 required or will it work with iOS6 also ?

Posts 92
LogosEmployee
James Van Noord (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 25 2013 11:20 PM

The app runs in iOS 5, 6 and 7. I updated the original post to include this info.

Posts 5807
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 25 2013 11:22 PM

Thanks for the extra clarity James.

Posts 24912
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 25 2013 11:38 PM

James Van Noord:

Thanks for the report, Graham. It's taking a few minutes longer to make them available this time around, apparently. The apps are still in the "Processing for App Store" stage, which I thought would have been completed by now. Hoping they'll all be available within the next 15 minutes.

Thanks James

Looking forward to it!

Graham

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 12:39 AM

Liking the new iOS 7-esque format of the updated iOS app. Thanks Logos! Yes

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 3:33 AM

I love it! The navigation makes a lot more sense to me. Thanks!

Posts 30
Gary Belhomme | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 4:29 AM

Hello,

I love the update, it really goes well with the new iOS 7 theme. However, I am disappointed that Logos has removed the ability to update reading plans on the iPhone. I do most of my daily reading on my iPhone, and when I do fall behind it's nice to be able to adjust my reading plans on the phone instead of having to go to my PC. I really hope that Logos brings back this feature, it was extremely useful.

Thank you,

Gary

Posts 6
Danny Bezak | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 4:38 AM

I love the new ios7 design. I'm using Verbum on the iphone. 

I can't seem to figure out how to mark the reading plans as read with the update?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Dan

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 5:02 AM

Danny Bezak:
I can't seem to figure out how to mark the reading plans as read with the update?

I do it from within the document - there will be a "Mark Read" in the gray bar at the end of a day's assigned reading. Note, if you are ahead of schedule, clicking on the reading plan entry from the Home page takes you to TODAY'S reading - you have to flip forward to find the reading you are to do next. Far from ideal, but that's just the way they have implemented it. 

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 5:21 AM

Everything looks great with the new update. However, there is one thing that missed the "streamline" process, the "look up" feature. It still displays the out of place black box. This feature should see some revison considering the rest of the UI. Other than that GREAT JOB Logos! Yes

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 6
Danny Bezak | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 5:27 AM

I do it in the bible reading plan that way too, although after the update, todays readings were marked read and after reading, and clicking on read, they were marked unread. I can't seem to mark the Catholic Lectionaries as read, or the Saint of the day. 

Dan

Posts 1157
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 7:41 AM

It appears that the update reset the defaults for note documents for highlights to palette specific from my preferred most recent. Not a big issue but could be annoying if someone didn't notice the change and puts a load of notes in the wrong place.

Beautiful update though!

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 351
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 8:01 AM

Very nice: looks clean and clear! Also much easier to navigate! 

One small point: the verse of the day is - in my opinion - a little too big, too pronounced. 

Luuk

Posts 1084
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 8:11 AM

Verse of the day ... can I block it? I would like to see my library there ... VotD is an acquired taste that would be better suited to a simply (quick) text message ... not a slow graphic that does no even fit on the screen! ... especially when resources regularly 'are missing' because they 'failed to download' ....even on a 100 meg connection! Sad 

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 1084
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 8:21 AM

James Van Noord:
- Updated reading plans indicate your progress; tapping on the plan opens both the book and the reading plan

How do I see this?

When I search documents for 'Read' and select a plan ... I see the usual reading plan pane ... the resource does not open until I click on a perticular reading ... complete with the usual confusion as to which panel will be used!

There is a read tool on the RHS but that does not seem to offer much functionality other than closing the home page. 

Is there a button for loading reading plans, similar to guides, documents, tools (!) etc.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 92
LogosEmployee

Martin Folley:

James Van Noord:
- Updated reading plans indicate your progress; tapping on the plan opens both the book and the reading plan

How do I see this?

Sorry, the original description was imprecise. I've updated the message in the original post.

We open both the book and the reading plan if the reading plan is a shared reading plan (one that you and others in any of your Faithlife Groups are reading).

Martin Folley:

Is there a button for loading reading plans, similar to guides, documents, tools (!) etc.

Reading plans still appear individually in the Documents area of the main menu.

Posts 92
LogosEmployee

Martin Folley:

Verse of the day ... can I block it? 

There is not currently a way to turn off this section.

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS