5.2 Service Release 3 (5.2.0.0091) available for download

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 26 2013 4:22 PM

5.2 Service Release 3 (5.2.0.0091) is available for download.

If you have automatic updates turned on, 5.2 SR-3 will be downloaded automatically the next time your system checks for updates. To install it right away, enter the Update Now command. If you encounter problems with the auto update, download SR-3 using the appropriate link:

Mac
Windows

Release Notes

Posts 226
Michael A. Lasley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 8:50 PM

Before installing this, I had successfully listened and viewed the first 2 chapters of Practicum. Now if I play them after a short while the audio goes off and somewhat later the video freezes. It does not crash, it just stops working. If I go to another Chapter, then it starts again and then stops audio and again later stops video. This appears to be the case with all Chapters. I tried about 4.

Also, during the video, it at times goes out of focus where it cannot be read, the area of the video only is fuzzy. Then sometimes it clears up. But on top of this the audio will stop and then the video.

5.2 Release 3 just installed. The videos installed yesterday. What's up?

Edit: I am using the MAC version on iMac. No space or speed problems.

Posts 25
Mike Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 10:26 PM

I've noticed a longer boot time since the update.  Also, once booted up, the program doesn't respond immediately like it used to.  I might click or scroll on one of the panels on my layout but it takes a few seconds before it responds.  I've also observed a "synchronizing" notification at start up and shut down.  This wasn't the case with 5.2 SR2.

Here's a screen shot of what happens after start-up and then trying to click or scroll on a panel (it responds after a few seconds):

Posts 28007
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 11:50 PM

Mike Wilson:
This wasn't the case with 5.2 SR3.

Did you mean SR2  i.e. SR3 is not responding?

Please post logs e.g. start Logos with CTRL key held and upload the Logos Log Files folder straight after reproducing the problem. 

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 5:45 AM

Logos 5.2 SR-2 (5.2.0.0086) was released on November 25, 2013.

Logos 5.2 SR-3 (5.2.0.0091) was released on November 26, 2013.

That must be a record for any substantial piece of software. I did a double take when my systems started downloading the setup update again.

Posts 25
Mike Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 7:42 AM

Dave Hooton:

Mike Wilson:
This wasn't the case with 5.2 SR3.

Did you mean SR2  i.e. SR3 is not responding?

Please post logs e.g. start Logos with CTRL key held and upload the Logos Log Files folder straight after reproducing the problem. 

Dave,

Sorry...yes I did mean that I didn't have any problems with SR2 (I've edited my post).  Here's the log file:13168.Logos.log

Posts 28007
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 11:41 AM

Mike Wilson:
 Here's the log file:

At what point does "not responding" appear as the log does not provide any clues.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 25
Mike Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 11:56 AM

Dave,

Here's the scenario:

1. Start Logos
  2. Last layout appears
  3. Click on a panel to scroll, select a word, etc.
  4. "Program not responding" message appears briefly
  5. After a few seconds, all panels are responsive to scroll, select, etc..

A bit of investigation yielded it could be something with the Greek resources I had open in the layout (namely the LGNTI).  When I close those and restart, the problem goes away.

Thanks for your help!

Posts 28007
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 12:53 PM

Mike Wilson:
A bit of investigation yielded it could be something with the Greek resources I had open in the layout (namely the LGNTI).

What font are you using? Does it help to change font? Try deleting the font cache --> http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_4_Windows_Is_Hanging_Right_After_Startup.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 25
Mike Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 2:06 PM

I'm using BibliaLS (have always liked this font and has never given me issues).

I tried clearing the font cache as suggested in the link but I found that the Windows Presentation Font Cache 3.0.0.0 wasn't running (seems to be this way default).  So, consequently, the FontCache3.0.0.0.dat file wasn't produced.  Here's the font cache files that are listed:

Thanks again for helping me trouble shoot this.  Should this continue on a separate thread?

Mike

Posts 30839
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 3:40 PM

Mike Wilson:
Should this continue on a separate thread?

It would be best.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10
Lawrence W. Rodgers | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 28 2013 3:08 AM

My Logos has been crashing since trying to update.  I wonder if this new update has anything to do with it. 

Posts 25
Mike Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 28 2013 7:14 AM

alabama24:

Mike Wilson:
Should this continue on a separate thread?

It would be best.

Don't know what happened but the problem went away.  I made a new log file by pressing the CTRL key at start up and when L5 started there was no lag or hanging!  Huh?  I did several close and restarts and the problem never repeated.  So lets call it "fixed" for now.  If anyone wants to see the last log file, let me know.

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 28 2013 7:57 AM

My gut reaction is that there's some temporary indexing glitch that went away (corrupted file?). Hopefully it doesn't come back!

Posts 28007
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 28 2013 11:37 AM

Lawrence W. Rodgers:

My Logos has been crashing since trying to update.  I wonder if this new update has anything to do with it. 

New thread and logs please!

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 9205
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 28 2013 12:53 PM

Mike Wilson:
This wasn't the case with 5.2 SR2.

The changes in SR-3 were extremely small; one was a reversion of topics.logos.com behaviour back to SR-1, and the other was one line of .NET code (that only affected Windows).

If you're seeing significant performance changes or problems with video or any other major regressions after installing SR-3, my first recommendation would be to reboot your computer. If the problem still persists, please create a new thread, describe the problem in detail, and post logs.

Posts 129
Michael Fordham | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 29 2013 11:49 PM

I am also having problems with this release. See http://community.logos.com/forums/t/78243.aspx 

Posts 226
Michael A. Lasley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 30 2013 9:44 AM

Since everyone ignored my post - the first one below the announcement, I assume everyone knew this issue and that the question was stupid. Anyway, I think I understand the issue now. The presentation does not download, but plays from the Logos server. So it is possible to have player problems depending on Logos response and your own network. It is possible to download the media and then these problems go away. This was not a problem with this new release.

Posts 28007
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 30 2013 11:13 AM

Michael Lasley:
Since everyone ignored my post - the first one below the announcement, I assume everyone knew this issue and that the question was stupid.

Not stupid, just ignored e.g. I don't have Verbum. There was some information in the General forum which you may have found subsequently.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS