Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 11
Gary Robinson | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 23 2009 5:04 AM

The following iphone apps have orientation lock to prevent the screen from rotating when desired (reading while lying on one's side, etc)

Kindle,  Barnes&Noble, Perfect Browser, & Olive Tree Bible Software

It would be great to have this feature on the Logos iphone App.

Thanks,

Gary Robinson

Posts 2983
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 5:33 PM

I was actually coming online to recommend the exact same thing and then saw this. In certain positions, the the orientation gets confused.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 37
Brent Daniel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 8:00 PM

Yes, I too would really like the orientation lock feature to be implemented.  Reading in bed is a pain when apps switch orientation.

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 8:27 PM

+1

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 6
Tim Quiring | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 12:08 PM

Aye...

Posts 405
Amy Leung | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 3:53 AM

I'd put in my vote for an orientation lock too, I think it is indispensable for someone who enjoys reading in a couch or bed.  Actually the list of orientation-lock enabled apps goes on and on with Stanza, eReader, Laridian, Mantis Bible, Goodreader etc.

For the absolutely desperate there is a (sort of hectic) solution, which I had very reluctantly resorted to (I have resisted this option for 2 years use of iPhone until I downloaded Logos for iPhone!).  This procedure is not for the faint of heart, but it has solved all my autorotation/ reading-in-bed problems.  So for the desperate but adventurous, a possibility is to tweak (a.k.a. "jailbreak") the phone, which enables a setting to lock the orientation of the phone globally, plus you could also install a "Backgrounder" to run apps in the background when you quit them, so that they reopen instantly without the need to wait for them to load.  Now I am enjoying very much reading my Logos books in bed.  Smile

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 6:29 AM

This is terrible netiquette, but...

Me too!

Posts 62
Jason Ledbetter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 6:42 PM

+1 ... I'd like to see it implemented similarly to the Kindle app.. 

Posts 5620
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 7:18 PM

Moi aussi, s'il vous plaît!  (and I don't even have a iPhone yet!)

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS