HUGEEE price increased in Master Bundles, becareful!

Page 3 of 4 (78 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 77 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2013 7:34 AM

Kevin Maples:

Bruce Dunning:
Forgive me for being discouraging.

I am just kidding my friend. Hence the :)  I have probably missed that boat, but I didn't have the funds then. I have also lost my identity again. This is Kevin Maples in case this post doesn't show my identity. 

Just exactly how do you keep losing your identity? Do you need professional help? Wink

By the way, I like Sleiman's suggestion below. Maybe that could work for you.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2013 9:50 AM

Bruce Dunning:
Just exactly how do you keep losing your identity? Do you need professional help? Wink

IDK how it happens. Love the sense of humor. YesYes

Bruce Dunning:
By the way, I like Sleiman's suggestion below. Maybe that could work for you.

I had thought of that. I may try. 

Also, I wasn't aware that volumes had been added since last fall, but that may be another factor to consider. I'm not trying to beat up Logos on the pricing or anything, but the reality is I only have a limited amount of money to spend so I want to get the most I can for it. So if they are going to offer it cheaper on sale at some point, then I want to wait them out. 

Posts 167
David Kirk Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2013 11:16 PM

If you own Portfolio you get 50% off your dynamic pricing. My sales rep gave me a $2000 Master Bundle for $1000 and it added 610 volumes to my collection. $1.30 a volume is insanely cheap. 

Posts 670
Sleiman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 5:37 AM

David Kirk Davis:

If you own Portfolio you get 50% off your dynamic pricing. My sales rep gave me a $2000 Master Bundle for $1000 and it added 610 volumes to my collection. $1.30 a volume is insanely cheap. 

That's quite the deal David, enjoy! I believe the 50% off applies to everybody as part of the Christmas sales. Maybe for Portfolio owners, Christmas is year round?

Posts 167
David Kirk Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 7:40 AM

No actually I got another 50% off my dynamic pricing. My 50% off dynamic pricing was $2000. My portfolio discount was another 50% off that making it only $1000, on a payment plan of course. 

Posts 670
Sleiman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 9:23 AM

David Kirk Davis:
My portfolio discount was another 50% off that
wow... that's sweet! It makes Portfolio's value much higher than at face value. Thanks for letting us know.

Posts 1825
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 9:42 AM

Does the "12 Days Sale" doesn't include weekend?

they haven't revealed anything in 2 days...

Posts 1831
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 9:59 AM

David Kirk Davis:

No actually I got another 50% off my dynamic pricing. My 50% off dynamic pricing was $2000. My portfolio discount was another 50% off that making it only $1000, on a payment plan of course. 

David,

Did your sales rep tell you about the 50% off the dynamic pricing because you owed Portfolio, or did you read it somewhere and have to tell the sales rep about it?

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 10:00 AM

mike:
Does the "12 Days Sale" doesn't include weekend?

I was wondering the same thing.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 10:04 AM

David Kirk, so did I in the turn of the month! My upgrade path has been: tiny "Swedish" Library from late L2 or early L3 days -> OLL, L4 Catholic Foundations (similar to the old Verbum Basic, included the Catechism even for international customers) -> L5 Bronze and L5 Basic introductory period, gave away Catholic Foundations with license transfer (which I paid) to someone living on a disability income and I no longer have the Catechism nor do I want it, Basic showed up again without cost -> Verbum Foundations+. This was the first time ever I bought a Topical Bundle, and it was one day before version 2 of the Topical Bundles were released. Perhaps this applied only applied to that upgrade that day (December 3., one day after my birthday)?
See: Unix's recent purchases, including upgrade DVD:

David Kirk Davis:
No actually I got another 50% off my dynamic pricing. My 50% off dynamic pricing

When I yesterday looked at what books I will need for the university classes, I saw that one was in a Topical Bundle: the old Old Testament Medium bundle. But I would not have needed any of the other books, so ... no regrets. Maybe it will become available for individual purchase by the time I take the class.

There's no Topical Bundles I want, nor were there when the old ones were around except the only one I bought (size: Small).

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 5,850own
12G A9-9420 V8.3 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 10:59 AM

Just to be clear about the bundles.

• Dynamic pricing is available to everyone. The amount of discount is proportional to how much of the bundle you already own. So, for example, David Kirk Davies presumably owns about half of the contents (by value), and therefore gets a 50% dynamic pricing discount.
  • In addition to this discount, there is an additional 50% discount available. It's available to anyone who purchases a base package at the same time they purchase a bundle. It also available to Portfolio owners at any time. But currently, for December only, it's been widened to be available to everyone.

So although owning Portfolio makes it easier to get the 50% discount, it doesn't give you a discount you can't get elsewhere.

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 11:11 AM

Mark, the discount I got must have been very unique! One day earlier, online, the price was $47.57:

... compare it to:

... $23.79. I bought no resources meanwhile (in the c:a 24 hours). I didn't have many of the resources in the Devotionals Bundle Small, nor did the upgrade to Verbum+ add any of the ones included in the Devotionals Topical Bundle Small.
Note: the regular price of the old Devotionals Bundle Small showed as over $100 on December 2.!
Notice that the base-package price also went down by ¢64 and both times calculated with the exact same coupon-code. And no coupon code for the Topical Bundle:

Mark Barnes:
a discount you can't get elsewhere.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 5,850own
12G A9-9420 V8.3 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 1:14 PM

Unix, I can't be 100% sure why you got a 50% discount on one order and not the other, but it's possible that the new Verbum base packages hadn't been programmed to give the 50% discount at that stage, because they had only just been released.

The base package price difference probably reflects the difference between the international and US versions.

Posts 100
N/A | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 1:25 PM

Unix meant that the discount he eventually got was ~75%:

Mark Barnes:
Unix, I can't be 100% sure why you got a 50% discount on one order and not the other, but it's possible that the new Verbum base packages hadn't been programmed to give the 50% discount at that stage, because they had only just been released.

L2 Catholic new; Used: ODCC L5 Reformed Silver L6 Full Crossgrade; L6 Chinese Bronze new; L6 Ancient Literature Feature Expansion Collection (25 vols.) new, no dynamic pricing. Before packs had 100 books incl. AYBRL new

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 1:52 PM

NÖ:
Unix meant that the discount he eventually got was ~75%

He's wrong. The original price for the small Devotionals Bundle was $59.90. He got a small discount on that, almost certainly because he already owned one of the volumes (very likely Thomas a Kempis' The Imitation of Christ). He later got an additional 50% discount, because he was purchasing a base package at the same time.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 11:08 PM

124590:
i thought it was owned by Nelson. 

I am fairly sure I heard Zondervan bought the rights to WBC just this summer.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 11:10 PM

Sleiman:
(I know that because that's what I did). This would be a much better deal I think.

I agree. You made a very wise purchase.

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 8 2013 12:13 AM

Super.Tramp:
I am fairly sure I heard Zondervan bought the rights to WBC just this summer.

HarperCollins bought Thomas Nelson back in July 2012. They already owned Zondervan. However, they have said that Thomas Nelson will continue to operate independently.

Since then, the Word Biblical Commentary has appeared in the Zondervan Academic Catalog, with the words, "now available from Zondervan Academic". However, it doesn't appear on the Zondervan website, but remains on the Thomas Nelson website. So, at the moment at least, at appears as though Zondervan are simply marketing the commentary, rather than taking it over. Longer term, of course, that might change.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 8 2013 8:03 AM

Mark Barnes:
HarperCollins bought Thomas Nelson back in July 2012. They already owned Zondervan. However, they have said that Thomas Nelson will continue to operate independently

2012? How time flies!

This is good news. Maybe some people can still get WBC at a greatly discounted price. Thank you, Mark, for the clarification.

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 8 2013 8:08 AM

Super.Tramp:
2012? How time flies!

It began in 2012, but it didn't complete until last year.

Page 3 of 4 (78 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS