how do i back up my books in Personal books builder

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 36
Nathan Madison | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 4 2013 4:39 AM
My computer is having real issues and its time for a wipe and reinstall everything OS and beyond...I'm doing a clean install ... I've found that I can't access my pbb from my tablet or laptop so I guessing that they must be tied to the original computer they were built on.. so how do I copy or transfer these files (all of my sermons) to my laptop or (disk or cloud) for backup please help and thank you

Nathan Madison

Posts 24568
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 4 2013 5:10 AM

Pastor Nathan Madison:
I've found that I can't access my pbb from my tablet or laptop so I guessing that they must be tied to the original computer they were built on.. so how do I copy or transfer these files (all of my sermons) to my laptop or (disk or cloud) for backup

Just backup your Resource folder and reinstall as per Method 3 (or equivalent if on Mac). This will save you downloading all your Logos resources as well as preserving your pbb's. Logos will sync the PB metadata you see in Tools >> Personal Books together with all your other documents.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 4 2013 5:31 AM

I use dropbox to store the Personal Books I created.  I create the PBs in the Logos 5 PBB directly from the dropbox file on my computer, and they're automatically backed up to the cloud in case of catastrophe!

Posts 24568
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 4 2013 5:43 AM

Paul-C:
I use dropbox to store the Personal Books I created.

That would be the docx source files, which you do have to backup as Logos does not sync them.

I was talking about the resources which you build from these files as they are stored in the Logos \Resources folder and using Method 3 will avoid re-compiling all your PB's.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 4 2013 5:45 AM

Dave Hooton:

Paul-C:
I use dropbox to store the Personal Books I created.

That would be the docx source files, which you do have to backup as Logos does not sync them.

I was talking about the resources which you build from these files as they are stored in the Logos \Resources folder and using Method 3 will avoid re-compiling all your PB's.

Yep - understood.  Thanks for the clarification.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS