Logos 5 has Stopped Working

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 40
Joe Hicks | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 7 2013 7:34 AM

Starting this morning when I try to open Logos and if I am online, I get a Logos window that says:

Logos Bible Software 5 has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Please close the program.

If I open the program without being connected to internet (aka offline), it works just fine.

Any ideas?

Posts 26051
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 8:00 AM

Hi Joe

Can you enable diagnostic logging and post logs after you get the error message?

Details at http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging

Graham

Posts 40
Joe Hicks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 8:22 AM

ahh.  its saying access to some of my files is denied.  on my PC for some reason, folders are marked read-only here....let me work on this.  thanks

Posts 40
Joe Hicks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 8:29 AM

fixed, thanks.  I had to go into several of my folders in this path and change the properties to uncheck the read-only box.  I have no idea why the box got checked.  I think a file-system backup is in order today....

D:\Users\johndoe\AppData\Local\Logos5\Data\oxjc4r4o.rh4\HomePage\avatar.cache' is denied.

On a note of humor....have you ever noticed that Logos issues only happen when deadlines are looming.  I think there may be a demon in our daemon..

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2013 8:33 AM

Joe Hicks:

ahh.  its saying access to some of my files is denied.  on my PC for some reason, folders are marked read-only here....let me work on this.  thanks

I had malware do something similar once on our church computer (came via a USB drive). If you haven't run a full system scan for a while, you can try that. I've found that Malwarebytes is one of the best for identifying and removing malware.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS